Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps while charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up my fitbit ionic last night. I left it on the charger all night and when i woke up this morning it shows 40,000 steps. It does not show specific hours so when i logged driving it did not delete the steps. How can i fix this. I also restarted the fitbit.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for sharing your experiencing everyone! If you haven't done so already, give your Ionic a few restarts to see if that fixes this. If not let me know if the issue persists. I appreciate it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

I set up my fitbit ionic last night. I left it on the charger all night and when i woke up this morning it shows 40k steps. It does not show specific hours so when i logged driving it did not delete the steps. How can i fix this. I also restarted the fitbit.

10/02/17. I charged the ionic again last night and woke up this morning with 4k steps. Please help with a solution to why this keeps happening!!

Best Answer

I haven't got a solution but my wife's new ionic is doing the same thing.

I could use the help too.

@Cdarnell wrote:

I set up my fitbit ionic last night. I left it on the charger all night and when i woke up this morning it shows 40,000 steps. It does not show specific hours so when i logged driving it did not delete the steps. How can i fix this. I also restarted the fitbit.

Best Answer

I had the same problem with my Ionic last night too... woke up and it said 4.5k steps. I must be a sleep walker 🙂

Best Answer

It did the same thing again last night. I put it on the charger and woke up with 4k steps.

Best Answer

I had the same problem. It was charging all night and when I woke up it said I had 30k steps. Tonight when it resets to zero I will see if it's more accurate. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I created a case with Fitbit and they have recognized this as an issue.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is doing the same thing.. I just called Fitbit and opened a case.. they need to hurry and figure something out.. I paid a lot of money for this thing.. 

Best Answer

I've been watching the morning news and checking emails, checking out the ionic I have 4800 steps, at most should have about 500 steps. I'll open a case as well as yesterday had a similar event but only about 1K steps.

Best Answer

I talked to a Fitbit rep, and while I am not 100% sure it is a solution, I changed the location of my ionic while charging.  Sunday night I charged it on the floor next to my nightstand.  I have a small fan on the nightstand that runs during the night (this is where I charged my Charge 2 at and never had any trouble.)  I am not sure about it tracking vibrations down on the floor, but she noted that the tracker's altimeter picks up changes in air pressure so it could be that causing the discrepancy.  Monday night I changed not only where it was charging, but how it was plugged in as well.  I did have it plugged into a multiplug adapter for the wall that has direct USB ports.  I plugged my charger into a fast charging adapter directly in the wall so there would be no interference from anything else.  I also plugged it in across the room from the fan.  Tuesday morning the ionic showed no steps as it should have.  I hope this helps and that it continues to work for me.  I am due to charge it tomorrow night so we will see.

Best Answer
I haven’t had mine on all morning and have 1,428

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Well that’s interesting.. I’m staying with my parents while my husband is out of town for his job and they live in a rv and I sleep under a air conditioner. It charges on the floor..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mjayadev wrote:

I have the same issue. I created a case with Fitbit and they have recognized this as an issue.

Yes, same here. Hopefully they'll figure it out.

My issue didn't occur while charging but just sitting on the couch. Fitbit did have me reset the watch to see if that helps. I suppose I'll need 15K steps today to reach my actual 10K...

Best Answer

Hi

anybody else has the  problem that the Ionic is counting steps while it is charging.

I know for a fact that I did not walk the amount of steps it's showing me, and with that the calorie count is way off too.

It shows that I walked 7070 steps in 0.33 miles.

I restarted to see if it would change, but it did not.

Best Answer

Ionic delivered three hours ago and has registered over 17,000 steps...funny thing it is sitting on the table attached to the charger, not being worn or moved.  Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar issue. Charged overnight and woke up with 14,000 steps.

Best Answer

Support recommended factory reset and was looking into the issue before I lost my connection to them.  This may be an emerging problem, so I would recommend contacting support.  The more data points they have the more likely they are to find the real issue and really fix it.

Best Answer

Bleh. I have music loaded and everything. I don’t want to do a factory reset yet. But I will contact support so they know more people have this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your experiencing everyone! If you haven't done so already, give your Ionic a few restarts to see if that fixes this. If not let me know if the issue persists. I appreciate it!

Best Answer

Same problem of false steps being accumulated on my Ionic.  Seems to happen when I am not wearing the watch.  My watch had this happen twice, first time adding about 1500 steps and the second time adding about 2,000 steps.

Best Answer