Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Watch Faces

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to see a better way to buy paid watch faces. There is one called Classic Digital in the Android store that is done very well. The install is great. I would like more done like this. I guess Apple, Android and Windows stores would need to be use which makes it harder on developers. Maybe Fitbit could put a watch face section in their store? Nothing against these developer but I will not take the chance of buying through an email address or some pay service I have never heard of that may or may not be around in the future. I would like to have them all in one or two places. Max.

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Kiezelpay (https://www.kiezelpay.com) works with PayPal and creditcard.

The only thing we do (I'm the kpay developer) is create the code developers need to integrate on their watch and host the server environment to track the purchases and payouts to developers.

We initially created this service for the pebble smartwatch several years ago, and moved along to Fitbit when they purchased pebble.

The PayPal payments are handled completely on the PayPal website, and for the creditcard payments we use "hosted fields". This means it looks as if the creditcard info is entered on our website, but when you check closer, you'll see that all the input fields are actually in iframes on the server of the payment provider (Braintree in our case).

So we never see any of the creditcard payment information, and could not even store it if we wanted to.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

I bought a couple watch faces only to find out that if you remove and then later decide to put them back on your watch, you have to pay again. Smart watch???

Best Answer

@brentc133Not a fitbit problem you need to take it up with the developer

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB wrote:

@brentc133Not a fitbit problem you need to take it up with the developer

If Fitbit had a real App Store it wouldn’t be an issue.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

It's very much a fitbit problem, after all it is their store. Leaving it up to the developers to handle payments is a terrible idea, it's a very messy solution.

I'm not against paying for watch faces, but I won't be paying for anything until it's through a recognised third party. I did purchase the classic digital faces through the Google play store, and I was happy with that as I know I could easily get a refund if I wasn't happy. Also I know my payment details are relatively safe, Google has them anyway so no need to give them to yet another party. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@brentc133 this is an issue caused because Fitbit does not provide a unique ID to recognize the user.

This should be fixed soon in their SDK, but in the mean time, if you purchased a face using kiezelpay, you can unlock it again for free by going to the purchase page and clicking the link "Already purchased".

As soon as Fitbit allows to recognize a user even when he removes and re-installs a clockface this won't happen again.

Best Answer

@brentc133 If you have purchased a watchface or an app via Kiezelpay, then you don't need to purchase it again if you reinstall it. There is a link when you open the link in your browser called 'Already purchased'. Kiezelpay is also able to get refund if you want it. 
All the difficulties happens, because the Ionic cannot handle more than one watchface and it does not store the watchface data when you uninstall it. Also the Ionic has no ID, which is needed to identify users or if they already purchased something. 
And yes, if Fitbits App store would have a paying option, it would be all in place like on Apple, Google or Samsung.
As a watchface developer I'm sorry about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some great info. I feel for developers and users here. I did get the Google pack as mentioned but I have never heard of Kiezelpay before. I will not trust many online pay sources. And I am all over the net. I will use PayPal and Google pay but not many others. In fact I will not normally use something that is card only. I just don't trust the security. Hopefully the will as the stuff to the sdk as mentioned. And then maybe add faces to the store. Or have a way to pay in the Fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing we do (I'm the kpay developer) is create the code developers need to integrate on their watch and host the server environment to track the purchases and payouts to developers.

We initially created this service for the pebble smartwatch several years ago, and moved along to Fitbit when they purchased pebble.

The PayPal payments are handled completely on the PayPal website, and for the creditcard payments we use "hosted fields". This means it looks as if the creditcard info is entered on our website, but when you check closer, you'll see that all the input fields are actually in iframes on the server of the payment provider (Braintree in our case).

So we never see any of the creditcard payment information, and could not even store it if we wanted to.

Best Answer

@kverpoorten wrote:

Thank you very much for the information.. Since it uses PayPal I may try one. The only annoying part would be that I swap to a specific click face for sleep every night (one that has a dimming feature). Let's hope Fitbit adds the unique ID feature to the sdk soon because having to go to the site each time I swap to the face would get old. Although I guess it isn't that much more difficult than loading it from a phone app like the Google face collection

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kverpoorten thx providing this info - this is one of the reasons I was hesitant to purchase one of the "pay" clock faces because I like to change my clock face regularly and I thought it would be a hassle if my Ionic wasn't recognizing things I've already paid for. Appreciate you clarifying this - you've been very helpful!! 😊

Best Answer

I had to return my ionic because the screen malfunctioned and then I had to buy the watch face again! WTH!  We should be able to keep it in "my watch face gallery" or something.

Best Answer

@Kaita you can unlock previously purchased apps for free at https://kzl.io/unlock

We also show this information right after you purchase, and in the purchase success mail we send you.

If you paid twice, please contact us at support@k-pay.io and we will refund you one of those purchases.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a bundle of clock faces and have been searching to find where they are organized. Do I have to search through all the faces to find my purchase? Regretting that I bought a bundle if this is the case.

Best Answer

I had no idea there were watch faces for sale in the Play Store! I have always gone through the Fitbit app, and the payment process there is OK. You get an unlock code, and the one that I have (my favorite is "edgy") the developer allows you to "unlock" the face again if you switch faces by entering the code and your email address through the payment website. 

It's not the most fluid but better than having to pay every time. A couple of days ago my watch went crazy and started installing a bunch of apps that I hadn't asked for, and gave errors on the watch face so I had to change faces and then change back. It was a PAIN.

Best Answer

Hi,

Normally you have gotten an e-mail after the purchase which contains all apps/clockfaces incluced in the bundle with download links next to them which point you directly to the gallery ready to install.

If you haven't gotten that e-mail it's possible you made a typo in your e-mail address and you should contact our helpdesk at help@k-pay.io so we can help you get that fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums @KatyFen! Thanks for sharing the issue that you have with the bundle of clock faces that you purchased. As this is a non Fitbit purchase I will recommend following the instructions that @kverpoorten shared, by the way thanks for clarifying. 

@SunsetRunner thanks for sharing your experience and the information related with the watch faces purchased through Play Store and through our site. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

How and where do you find the watch face bundle

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where can I find the bundle

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

There are many bundles being sold with our system, please contact us at help@k-pay.io and we'll help you figure it out.

Kind regards,

Kristof

Best Answer
0 Votes