Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic not syncing heart rate and steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I spend more time trying to reset it to track my steps and heart rate

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @98jonesT! Can you give me more details about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your Fitbit Ionic? Is it a syncing issue? Is the watch itself not tracking your steps and heart rate?

Syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Verify each requirement before moving on to the troubleshooting steps.

Depending your phone, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If your Fitbit device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device won't sync after you reinstall the app, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync. 
  7. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried every one of these steps and my heart rate still doesn't show up on the app. I have a brand new ionic. Was working fine until 2 days ago when the watch froze up. ever since shortly after that then it's had issues snycing the heart rate .seems to be fine with everything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes