Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic random alerts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Fitbit Ionic for a few months and it does random alerts for which I have not set. Sometimes it is in the middle of the night. I have turned off the bluetooth (so I know the alerts are not from the phone) and I don't have any alarms set for when they go off. Anyone else have this or can explain what it is and how to turn it off?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@DMH717 A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It's pretty weird that you're receiving random alerts. Your Fitbit Ionic will vibrate to alert you at various times, including if you set an alarm, when you hit your step goal or if you haven't met your hourly activity goal. Could you confirm that your Ionic isn't vibrating for the reasons mentioned above? What do you see when your watch vibrates? 

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Silvia.

No, there are no alarms set. The alert for not meeting the required steps should occur at 10 minutes till, but I have had vibrations at 18 after, 35 after, etc. I have had vibration alerts while sleeping, with do not disturb active or sleep mode engaged. When the random alerts go off there is no screen indication as to what it is for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DMH717 Thanks for getting back. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes