Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic receiving notifications when not on wrist

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just updated my fitbit Ionic to the latest firmware. It has started receiving noticiations and vibrating when it's not on my wrist, it never used to do this and I can't see a setting to turn this off. 

I know the watch doesn't think its on my wrist as the HR sensor isn't active and its still passcode locked.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Will_G Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic notifications.

Your watch will receive notifications as long as they are activated. In this case, what you can try is turning off notification on your watch whenever you take it off. To do this please press and hold the left button until it vibrates (around 2 seconds). You will access the Quick Settings. Swipe left or right and find the Notifications tile and turn them off.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for the input, but that's a temporary solution and I shouldn't have to turn notifications on and off when I take the watch on and off.

As I said this was never an issue before I updated to the latest firmware, the notifications should only show when the watch is on my wrist. 

Best Answer

I agree!!!! There are sooo many things wrong with this update that I am wanting to switch away from fitbit... it shouldnt go off when its not on my wrist... thats just not even smart!

Best Answer
0 Votes