Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic worst then Surge?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After a couple of week with my new Ionic (bought after my Surge died after less than 1 year) I have experienced so many issue I am wondering why I am still continuing using your products.

With my brand new Ionic in 15 days I have seen:

• premature hang and termination of running section
  • sync problems with my huawei (then I have discovered that not every device is compatible with fitbit or maybe is more correct to say the fitbit is not compatible with every device)
  • Ok my bad. I haven't read the document which actually states you are unable to address a standard like BLE. Nevermind. To avoid to throw out of the window my phone, I have decided to updated my PC to win10 and install the fitbit app: having problems here too. If I try to sync after a while the apps says my ionic is in use by another connection (bull**ahem**). I have to restart the ionic and the app to be able to connect (ridicolous)
  • Today I have seen the worst thing I have ever seen in my life: fitbit is a sport bracelet right? The primary function of a sport tracker is? Exactly fix and track. It have been able to lose GNSS fix in open sky condition... Are you serious? My nokia sport tracker in 1999 was more reliable than this gizmo. Note that this is a regression.

I was disappointed now I'm pissed off.

The next image shows the amazing performances of your tracker in a parking (full open sky)

2018-07-06 00_15_52-Fitbit.png

this was in a almost open sky condition

2018-07-06 00_15_10-Fitbit.png

This instead is the amazing moment when application died after the first kilometer. I wasn't in my best shape that day but after the app crash i got worst. Thanks for your effort in motivating me

2018-07-06 00_33_21-Window.png

About bad GNSS track, this is definitely a regression as the track looks quite clear.

What is making me mad is that I have bought this Ionic to solve a problem caused by multiple design flaw which lead to surge withdrawal. Now I am experiencing problems with you top range device after 15 days. What will gonna happen in one year?

I need some explanation here!

Sincerely,

RM

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'm unsure what you mean by not being able to address BLE. The Fitbit tracker a only comunicate through BLE.. 

As for your phone, if it worked for the Surge, I would think it would work for the Ionic .

Now if your looking for a response from Fitbit, you might want to contact them .Asking the community of Fitbit users, might not be the best path. And yes I'm serious but can not speak for Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me point out something:

• The surge BLE worked quite fine even with my huawei and the problems with surge have been different from that. 
  • There is a difference in BLE sw implementation between surge and ionic and maybe the have also a different BT chip. Anyway a newer device is not able to do what an old was. In some conversation I have seen they state that the problem is the BT chip used by Huawei. I think the problem is a bad software implementation on fitbit side
  • Fitbit suggest this place as one of the way to get support and this explain why I am writing here
    https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Thanks for your reply

Best Answer
0 Votes