Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1 - Firmware Release (70.7.14)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/5

Hi everyone!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1 (Firmware Version: 70.7.14). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes a variety of new features and enhancements, including: 

• Smart wake: Smart wake will gently begin to wake you with subtle vibrations during the optimal part of your sleep cycle (during light or REM) within a 30-minute window prior to your pre-set alarm. This allows you to wake up feeling refreshed. 

• Clock face switcher: You will now be able to store up to five clock faces right on your device and quickly change from one to the other using the new clock face switcher.

• On-wrist Sleep Score: The score will now be available in the on-device dashboard that can be accessed by swiping up from the clock face. You can still see it alongside your sleep data within the Fitbit app after you sync.

• Exercise app improvements: The redesigned Exercise app will now display all 20 workouts in a new streamlined list on your wrist. 

• Battery notification: When your battery is running low, a new feature will automatically disable notification vibrations

• Agenda app: A new Agenda app allows you to see your calendar right on your wrist. 

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! 

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experiences updating to Fitbit OS 4.1. I want you to know that your voices have been heard and this feedback has been forwarded to our team as they work on the next Fitbit OS release. 

As the majority of Ionic users have now updated to OS 4.1, I will be closing this thread to further comments. This will help to keep the discussion on the forum concise and on-topic. 

Please note: Fitbit OS 4.1.1 has started rolling out to Versa 2 users. OS 4.1.1 will not be rolling out to Ionic as it only contains optimizations for Versa 2. 

If you have a question that has not yet been answered within this thread, I invite you to start a new topic on the forum and I will be happy to assist you there. 

If you have not yet updated your Ionic to OS 4.1, please follow the step by step instructions which I have provided in my lead post, here.

Thanks again for all your contributions to this thread. Looking forward to the next Fitbit OS release!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
603 REPLIES 603

Just got this update, is this 4.1 update? I've updated but can't really tell

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the Fitbit firmware version is 27.70.7.14 then yes you are on OS 4.1

Best Answer

Hi MattFitbit,

I've updated my Ionic to version 27.70.7.14. The update went fine and it seems everything's running OK so far.

I was excited to test if this update fixed my issue with not being able to pair my Samsung Galaxy Buds bluetooth headphones, but alas, it has not. 😭

Is this on the radar?

Best Answer

My ionic just updated successfully

Best Answer

Cheers lad

Best Answer

Updated with no issues, needed calibrating after update, which seemed to go smoothly. Thanks, looks good... see the sleep number and all!

Best Answer

My problem was with the heart rate tracker recording excessively high. This update has not fixed the problem unfortunately.

Best Answer

During testing, that was a known issue with the HRM algorithm so surprised they've released it as is

Best Answer

My tracker is an Ionic, is the a problem with the Versa as well?

Best Answer

Just updated from 27.68.9.15 to 27.70.7.14, update was very quick compared to the previous update.

So far so good.

My issues with 27.68.9.15

• Battery life down from 4 days to 3
  • Bluetooth needing to be re-paired every few days
    • If I had the long press left button set to music control Bluetooth wouldn't stay paired at all
    • This appears to be fixed

New clock face swapping works well.

Will post back on the battery life but Bluetooth seems to be fixed at least for me.

gregvp

Quick update: I just walked out of Bluetooth range and when I came back my Ionic reconnected without any intervention by me. This never happened for me on 27.68.9.15.

Best Answer

I got the update available message and started it. When I came back, my Ionic was still the old version and the update available is gone. Did I miss my opportunity to perform the update? 

Best Answer

Tried to update and while attempting to do so it disappeared. 

Best Answer

My Ionic (purchased 12/20/2017, now out of warrenty) bricked on 12/03/2019...

Any chance it could be replaced so I can try the new firmware update? 😪

Best Answer

Is there a way to force the update?

I'm still on 3.0 (33.1.30) and have no banner even for the 4.0 update.

Best Answer

Cool: Thanks for the update. Mine installed perfectly.

Best Answer

Mine works great. Thanks.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

The update took a few hours to post because of the, "Device Not Found" issue. It doesn't look like this update takes care of that issue. Because of that issue, I don't receive notifications and my Fitbit doesn't sync. So annoying. After the update finally completed, it doesn't show my sleep number. So did it not fully install? When is the other issues going to re resolved?? I have the Ionic and Samsung 10+ phone. 

Samsung S10 running Android Q (10)
Best Answer

Sorry for the double post

Samsung S10 running Android Q (10)
Best Answer

@NinaP 

on your watch. Go to

settings -> about 

and you should see your version : 27.70.714 => Fitbit OS 4.1 and your firmware update worked

Best Answer
0 Votes