Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app sync with Samsung- S Health

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is a lot of discussion on this topic but there has been no solution. By default Samsung S Health can only sync fitbit sleep data. People have been asking about syncing excersise data from fitbit to s health app and there has been one app developed i guess but it is a paid one and there has been sync issues, data duplication issues etc. I have managed to find a workaround for this. 

By default Strava app comes with your fitbit Ionic. the solution is to enable Strava by logging in, creating an id and allowing fitbit to send data to Strava. It sends your exercise data - cycling, running etc . Now whether you use Strava or not , the data will be on Strava server for analysis. I have downloaded strava app on my mobile and also use the web version of it for detailed analysis and leaderboard/comparison of efforts. 

Now, surprisingly if you go to samsung s health app after this, under settings>connected services, you see Strava . Enable it. It will ask for authentication/login etc. Do that. Now in Samsung S Health, you will see your Fitbit recorded exercise data :). 

so by default-sleep data comes to s-health, via strava you can get other excersise data. Only thing remaining is your heart rata and resting heart rate data which is not syncing but atleast you get one app to see all exercise data .It is not a clean way but atleast it works. 

Try and give feedback if possible  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

maybe you could have posted this earlier ? 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I've been using the Strava workaround for months. 

Best Answer

maybe you could have posted this earlier ? 🙂

Best Answer

Seems like this only works for exercise data with GPS.. Other exercises with no GPS or your regular step count will not sync with Strava..

Best Answer

Thanks man, that's a great workaround, unfortunately, it's only that a workaround. FitBit is ignoring it's users pleas for years now, however it's paying back:

https://www.barrons.com/articles/time-is-running-out-on-fitbit-1520043849

Fit bit is no longer the best (question if it ever was), and now, people are done with workarounds like yours (again, great catch). We tried voting on their "community" to no avail, I guess now that we started voting with our budget things might change.

Best Answer

Did you find a solution for this? I need to log all step counts into my s-health app from by fitbit versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try the app called Fit & Healthy. It syncs fitbit information to Samsung Health. So far it seems to work great!

Best Answer

I found a solution through a 2 third party apps - Fit to Fit ( sync fitbit to google fit) and Health Sync (sync Google fit to Samsung health).

In a way, you get to sync to google fit and Samsung health.

These are the links in play store:

Fit to Fit: 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fitapp.fittofit

Health Sync (paid app, a small token really. Disclaimer: I'm not related to the developer): 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appyhapps.healthsync

Best Answer

Hello @ClaudG and @TimChew, welcome to the Community forums and thank you for the information provided. 

An integration between Fitbit and Samsung Health is not currently planned, as described here. Thank you for sharing this information about how to sync information between apps, I'm it'll be useful to other users. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

You realize it's not a fitbit issue .but a Samsung one right ? They refuse to integrate Fitbit as it competes with their own samsung devices . 

Best Answer

@Cdm76 that is not entirely true. S-Health supports plenty of devices from many competitors.

https://www.thisisant.com/directory/samsung-s-health-app

Best Answer

Worked instantly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I get the fit and healthy app to work I am.having trouble can someone help me to get fitbit steps to my Samsung health it won't sync it give error message 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Shauntaye. There's currently no integration between Fitbit and Samsung Health. You can learn more about it by checking this feature suggestion: S Health & Fitbit integration. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the app health sync you van sync tho samsung health an google fit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the app health sync. The app sync your data  tho the samsung health app and the google fit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1 for Health Sync! This is exactly what I was looking for!

I was trying to find a way to have my Fitbit-recorded workouts post to Endomondo, for all my social buddies that I left over there when I bought my Fitbit Versa. However, Fitbit only syncs step data to Endomondo, which was a big bummer.

I stumbled on this post, so now I use Health Sync to sync my Fitbit workouts to Samsung Health, which in turn CAN post workouts to Endomondo. I know, it's a long way 'round, but hey, it works, so whatever. Beats waiting for Fitbit to add a feature, because we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Yahoo Mail on AndroidGlad was able to help as I had to find it myself to make it work after calls to fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the fit and healthy app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes