Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit barely tracks steps, other assorted issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my fitbit was working fine up to Sunday night. Monday morning I woke up, went to the gym, spent some time on the treadmill, came home, walked the dog etc. That normally puts me into the 3k or so step range.

I wasn't really paying attention to my steps at that point. It wasn't until much later in the day after a lot of walking I decided to look at my steps, and it said 400. I also noticed that my Fitbit did not wake upon looking at my wrist. It also isn't tracking my heart rate but that feature has been spotty for a long time.

So I reset the watch, no change. I decided I'd charge it last night as well just in case.

Woke up this morning and no change. Still doesn't wake upon looking at it, hardly tracking steps (took a walk which I know is around 1K steps and it says I have 44). Searched the forums here. Quit the app, turned off Bluetooth, reset the Fitbit, waited a while, re-opened the app. Re-synced. No change.

Changed the watch face. No change. It's not asking me to update the firmware. I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Fitbit has recalled the Ionic due to safety concerns and are offering a refund so perhaps you shouldn't be using it anyway. See the following post for more information: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Voluntary-Safety-Recall-of-Fitbit-Ionic-Smartwatches/td-p/5087...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, a voluntary recall, and I wouldn't call it a refund. I haven't ever had issues with the battery burning me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Shneeble , it's good to see you back.

I appreciate your help @SteveH. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes