Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit down for maintenance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been having issues with my ionic and the app. I followed the tips and removed my watch to then re-add it and now when I try to set up new device it says "Fitbit.com is down for maintenance"

Anyone else having this issue? It's been 3 days now

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

hola que no te dejaba, porque yo tengo un ionic adidas y no sincroniza ni recibe notificaciones desde hoy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I even got my daughter to try add a new device on her app and it says the same thing. I am a premium member too and I use it to track my sleep habits and heart rate. I'm really annoyed with it now. Trying to sync was the original issue so I followed the tech support and removed my device, deleted the app, restarted my phone and tried to start over and now I can't even addy device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic just started not syncing this morning (2/5/22). Grrrrrrrrrr!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, i do they same but i power of My telephone and My clock for all the
night, so today in the morning i could sincronizar My clock, but them
during these, said me that i have a new actualition of My clock, now the
clock is stand bye, i could not power of that. I don't know what i have to
do
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic just started having syncing issues as well.  It started on 2/5 or 2/6 (not exactly sure).  I've not had issues with this before, despite years of use, so it was unexpected.  AFAIK, there were no updates (app, firmware, etc).  The sync process simply stopped working reliably.  I have managed to get it to sync occasionally, but it requires a ton of handholding to make that happen.  Is it possible there is something going on server-side that could impact this?  Doesn't seem like that would be the case for a bluetooth connection between the ionic and my phone, but I don't know the internals of the fitbit app.  I'm curious if anyone else has had a new sync'ing issue that just started in the last couple days?

FWIW, I did go through all the steps that the app recommended to fix the problem and nothing has helped.  Lots of reboots (ionic, the app, the phone), removing the ionic from the account and readding it (which took hours to do, cause it was so hard for it to get or maintain a connection), etc.

Best Answer

I have to turn off my wifi just to get it to sync, if I leave my wifi on it tells me that there is no internet connection and to try again later. I can't get the wifi connected to the ionic now either. I have tried everything even the online chat help. I've decided that I'm getting rid of my Fitbit now and getting a Garmin. Very disappointed after 3.5yrs with this watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Samie28 - the answer is in the poor wifi connection, in that it uses VPN or some such security  to connect, and that doesn't work for some Fitbit functions that's why using your phone on Data does.

Have a look at possible wifi issues No internet connection 

@SHaase  - your situation may be similar, see if it will sync using Data instead of wifi, or check the phone issues as noted above.

@Anmarfe-  you could try a Shutdown from the watch Settings, About menu. Wait 10 seconds before placing on the charge to restart it and fully charge it.

Some difficulties of operation can be because of the clock face you are using, try changing to another and sync the watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

So all of us having issues all around the same time isn't a coincidence at all and that our issues are all very alike. I have not had any issues with my wifi on my watch or the app untill last week. If it was a wifi issue my phone would be having issues and it's not. I've turned off mobile data and it works fine on wifi alone!! So does my iPad and desktop. I call BS on Fitbit. I won't ever buy one again.

Best Answer

@Samie28  -  the servers seem to be working fine and other people's issues might not be the same as yours, and there seem to be no other reports of this currently..

The Fitbit App requires a direct Internet connection, for some functions, whereas the phone doesn't, each App has it's own specific requirements. Worth checking to resolve your issue.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only directly noticed the problem around 2/5 or 2/6 because my Ionic was completely unable to sync for more than an entire day, despite attempting all the proscribed mitigations/fixes from the 'Fix it' page, plus many other adhoc things as well.  The problem had nothing to do with my internet connection.  I did try disconnecting/reconnecting wifi using mutiple wifi networks (I have two at home, plus at work) as also tried using cellular data both at home and at work.  None of this made any difference.  One weird thing that *did* seem to sometimes make an occasional difference was when the charging state of the device changed.  e.g.  while in the middle of trying to sync (or to re-pair) for minutes on end, if I connected (or disconnected) the ionic from the charger then it would immediately make a connection as soon as the charging state changed, but would then generally fail to make any more progress after that in most cases.  I did, luckily, manage to get it to repair at one point, but that took more than an hour of attempts.  I probably entered the 4 digit pin 10-20 times before it finally took.  This was with the Ionic and phone both nearly at full charge and located inches from each other, while far away from any other things that could be causing interference.

At this point, however, it does seem to be syncing - but it's sporadic.  It'll sometimes go hours between syncs, and every attempt to manually sync always results in a 'Sync is taking a while.  Sit tight...' message.  This used to only happen occasionally before.  Now it seems deterministic. A lot of the time, after several minutes of looking at the 'sit tight...' message, it gives the 'Couldn't sync your Ionic - Fix It' error message.

When it does sync, I sometimes get wild data now.  When I checked a earlier today, the app on the phone said I had over 18k steps.  It now says 4163, which matches my Ionic.  I had 12k yesterday, so no clue where it came up with 18k.  

Another interesting note is that while I didn't notice the sync'ing issue till a couple days ago, I *have* noticed a significant degradation in the battery life on my Ionic over the last few weeks.  Up till very recently I was able to go about 6 days between charging.  In the last few weeks I'm burning through about 30% per day.  My best guess is that the Ionic is spending much more time trying to sync over bluetooth than it used to, and that takes more energy.  The battery drain was so noticeable that I changed my charging pattern last week (e.g. before I noticed the sync problem).  Basically, instead of simply charging it for a couple hours every ~6 days when I dropped under 20%, I moved my charger into the bathroom and started charging it daily for ~20 mins while getting cleaned up.  With that, I was only dropping 5-10% per day.  

Again, I've made zero changes to my Ionic or app or usage pattern in many months.

Best Answer
0 Votes