Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I’ve had my ionic for a few days and have been experiencing quite a few problems with it.

using it along side a iPhone 7+

It is not recording active minutes even though I workout 2+ hours per day and my heart rate shows it’s over like 130 yet no active minutes are being recorded. I’ve already restarted my ionic and my phone multiple times and the issue has not resolved.

Another extremely annoying issue is when using the Fitbit app I have to pull down 6~12 times before the device will actually sync, or I have to go into the device directly and click the sync button.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Active minutes are built around more than a measure of heart rate so it depends what you’re actually doing and whether the Ionic can track it properly. It may be that the activity itself isn’t easily measured?

On iOS, sync normally happens on opening the app. From memory, I don’t believe it’s a Settings thing, that’s just how it’s supposed to work so I’m not sure what can be going on there.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a blaze prior to having the ionic and it had no issue what so ever tracking my activity you can see precisely where I changed to the ionic... something seems to be clearly wrong.9DB91300-992D-4C10-9E97-EAA84903E91B.png

Best Answer

@MikeF wrote:

Active minutes are built around more than a measure of heart rate so it depends what you’re actually doing and whether the Ionic can track it properly. It may be that the activity itself isn’t easily measured?

On iOS, sync normally happens on opening the app. From memory, I don’t believe it’s a Settings thing, that’s just how it’s supposed to work so I’m not sure what can be going on there.

@MikeF,

I'm not sure that's how active minutes work. They are for periods of sustained activity of at least ten minutes. The type of activity and whether it is logged doesn't seem relevant. I can get active minutes doing laundry with no exercise logged, so it doesn't look like it matters beyond heart rate and length of exertion. Someone let me know if I've got that wrong, but that's my experience.

As to the sync, there's a setting in the app called "All Day Sync" that may improve things. If that doesn't work, try that setting plus the one called "Always Connected". 

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

With the activity you are doing are you wearing a wrist band or tight long sleeve shirt?

I commonly had issues with my blaze at work not recording minutes when I had my watch tightly covered. I have not had a chance to see if this is the case with Ionic. 

Best Answer

This is my experience as well, it seems to be mostly based around elavated heart rate for periods of time.

Best Answer

I am not wearing any bands or anything tight. I’m not doing anything different as I was when using the blaze, same tightness of wearing it as well so it seems to be something wrong with the ionic unless it’s just much more strict about active minutes, but I’m not sure because I was weight lifting today for around two hours or more and it didn’t pick up on any of it so not sure what the deal is, extremely annoying.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with active minutes. I do the elliptical for 80-82 Minutes a day & I also do some weight lighting, abs, lunges & squats. It doesn’t pick up anything except for my elliptical time as “active Minutes” with my Charge 2 it would pick up my entire workout, and any other physical activity such as vacuuming, taking out the trash, running errands, unloading dishwasher, putting up laundry and so on. Last week with my Charge 2 I was averaging over 250 active minutes and now I am only getting 82 or 83. Extremely frustrating 

Best Answer

I have the same problems. So far my Ionic hasn't auto recognised any of my swimming.

I have tried the exercise app. Except for the walking and swimming I don't receive any active minutes that way either. 

Screenshot_20171030-131545.png

To respond to a question about what to wear. I only use tank tops while working out. And bikini, of course when I swim 

Best Answer

I ran for 66 minutes this morning and ionic said I had 51 minutes active even after it shows a 66 minute run. Huh? I’ve also noted it doesn’t give me active minute credit for walking. It’s definitely not tracking activity properly. 

Best Answer

I am having same issue with Ionic.  I shoveled snow for 35 minutes this morning and no active minutes were tracked. My Charge 2 would track that as active minutes.  Also walking on treadmill at gym doesn't register.  I used tracking under exercise for treadmill and it said I walked .19 miles in 20 minutes but treadmill said I walked 1.5 miles in 20 minutes.  I am very disappointed with this Ionic.  The only reason I switched was because my Charge 2 quit charging.  Thought the newest would be better. 

Best Answer

Brand New Ionic. First it’s tracking my sleep around the clock even during the day when I’m active and obviously awake. Deleted app, shut it down turns back on. I think it’s ok now but now my active mines aren’t recording. ??? Hmmm

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been a solution to this? My active minutes where recording but today that has stopped. Heart rate is recording fine. I’ve done a 33 minute run recorded on Fitbit Ionic but active minutes show as 0?

Best Answer
It’s still an ongoing problem for me. Some days it tracks my minutes and other days it doesn’t.
I track all my runs, rides and lifting sessions religiously so I’m aware of the multiple days it fails to count those times as active minutes.
I’ve been unhappy with the tech support I’ve received regarding this issue and others with my ionic.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer