Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic upper right button stuck

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The upper right button on my fitbit ionic is stuck. The screen continues to shuffle and won't let me do anything. I've read some of threads of similar issues and tried every option I've seen from cleaning with a toohpick to spraying canned air and button still stuck. It eventually turned off because it ran out of battery. Is there any other possible solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @eherrero thanks for bringing this to my attention, let me give you a hand with your Ionic and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and effort at the moment you checked our Community Forums for a possible solution, your patience is appreciated. Can you please let me know if after charging again your Ionic this situation persisted? I recommend you to restart your Fitbit with the following steps:

1. Press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. 
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If you still have issues with your device, turn it off and turn it back on. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be here waiting for your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@RicardoFitbit The problem persisted after charging of the Fitbit and battery didn't last a day. I also restarted it and problem would continue. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @eherrero thanks for your prompt reply.

Thank you for your confirmation and the details that were provided, your patience troubleshooting your Ionic is appreciated as well. I'd like to let you know that I've contacted our Customer Support team on your behalf to receive further assistance directly with them, That said, please keep an eye to your email inbox for their contact, they'll be in touch with you soon.

In the meantime they contact you, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happening to my ionic. Any solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. The only solution for me was replacement but since I live in Puerto Rico they said they couldn't send a replacement. Won't be buying Fitbit again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance with this situation, my apologies for the delay in responding your posts. Welcome aboard @Isthisgu and nice to see you again participating in the forums @eherrero.

@Isthisgu Can you please let me know if you already try the steps that were shared on my previous post? Please keep me posted so we can move forward.

@eherrero Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts with us, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Please take in consideration that our Customer Support team refers to our warranty policies to move forward with a replacement procedure. That said, if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case, I recommend you to contact them back to receive more information and details.

See you around.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any solutions to this other than the ones above? I've done those many times and it will only return to normal for about 5 minutes before the button appears stuck again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cdrew5 welcome to the Community Forums, it's a pleasure to assist you with the inconvenience experienced with your Ionic. Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

I appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting your device with the information that was previously posted on this thread. I was informed by our Customer Support team that they already provided you with assistance regarding this situation, therefore, I recommend you to contact them back if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem as well.  Top right button stuck in depressed position. I've tried cleaning and resetting it as instructed in these posts, but it remains stuck.  However, other than I can't use the button, it's working normally.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem as well.  Top right button stuck in depressed position. I've tried cleaning and resetting it as instructed in these posts, but it remains stuck.  However, other than I can't use the button, it's working normally.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ump1Ref1 welcome to the Community Forums, let me give you a hand with your concern.

Thank you for taking in consideration the information that was previously posted on this thread, your effort and patience are appreciated. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to receive further assistance directly with them. That said, please keep an eye to your email inbox, they'll be in touch with you pretty soon.

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. Hard reset makes no difference. The button keeps going to alarm screen and causing the watch to constantly vibrate. Also keeps taking me to the notifications screen. 

I have tried all of the above recommendations. 

Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it's under warranty, Fitbot will give you a new Ionic.  If it's not under warranty, you'll be offered a modest discount on a new Ionic.  Not a satisfying position by Fitbit.  Otherwise, you could try taking it apart to see if you can dislodge the button, but unless you are a jeweler or watchmaker you could have trouble putting it back together.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, sorry for the delay in responding both of your posts @WillColl and @Ump1Ref1

@WillColl Thanks for bringing this to my attention, your effort troubleshooting your device is appreciated too. Support team informed me that they provided assistance with the inconvenience you experienced with your Ionic device, therefore, please contact them back if you want more information and details of the outcome of your case. Don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have.

@Ump1Ref1 Thanks for sharing your thoughts and personal experience with us. For a better understanding of the information that our Support team provided to you, I recommend you to check our warranty policies here. I'll be around if you need anything else. 

I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, RicardoFitbit, I'm aware of the 1 year warranty.  For the money an Ionic costs, I would hope it was built better than a 1 year warranty indicates.  That so many people have experienced the same problem, usually right after the warranty expires, is telling.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not received any contact about this device. 

For the record this is the second ionic I have owned. The first one was replaced just short of 12 months after purchase as it was still under warranty. That was for an electrical fault and wouldn’t charge. 

Now the replacement has failed just over the one year. These watches really should last more than 12 months I agree. Very disappointed. I will not be spending any more money on a Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I have tried all the troubleshooting mentioned above.

Anyone come across anything new?

Best Answer
0 Votes