Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic won’t turn on it charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit ionic randomly turned off in the middle of the day and wont charge or restart. I tried pressing and holding down the buttons used to restart it and still no response. I have also cleaned the charger, and tried using different USB ports but still nothing. This has happened in the past before and I got a new one, but I would like to try and fix the problem before making the same mistake again. Hope someone can help. 🙂

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

FitBit support should be able to tell you the battery charge level the last time your Ionic synced.  I'm guessing it failed while still adequately charged.  Mine failed in the same manner at over 90% charge. 

FitBit wouldn't replace mine and told me to buy a new one (for yet more profit on their end🤑), so I tried taking it apart and putting it back together, but it still doesn't work.  I have verified it is not a faulty battery, so it is one of the circuit boards that is faulty. 

I hope your Ionic is still under warranty (only 1 year 😲).  Otherwise, they'll just offer you a 25% discount on a new one.  Thanks, FitBit🙄.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact problem, while mine is 8 months old so I expect to get it replaced I thought it came with 2 years warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last I checked, Ionics puchased in the US have a 1 year warranty while those puchased in the EU are warranted for 2 years.  Fitbit will verify your warranty status when you chat with them. They will make you push all the buttons in all combinations until your fingertips hurt before allowing you to have your watch replaced. I hope they do it for you.

I wasn't able to get a replacement even with my warranty-doubling credit card that was used for purchase, because FitBit has no repair facility.  The extra protection offered by my credit card was voided because it requires attempting to have the merchandise fixed by the manufacturer first.  Since FitBit can't do that, I was doubly out of luck. 

The lesson here is to stay on top of FitBit like a parole officer, because they weasel out every way possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes