Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit logo stuck on display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic wouldn’t sync this morning. After trying a few things with the Bluetooth on the phone (iPhone) I did the reset - press all 3 buttons for 10 secs.  Now it’s stuck on the Fitbit icon screen and I can’t do anything else! Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Scpow, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before to posting over here. Since the restart process didn't work, please follow the next steps to perform a factory reset on your device:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc.

Let me know if the issue persists. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this. I Eventually got the timing right for releasing the bottom right button. I’ve now run this process 4 times but keep getting an error ‘data not cleared. Sync & try again’. Any next steps?

Best Answer

You're welcome @Scpow, your reply is also appreciated.

Thanks for trying the steps that were shared on my previous post. Let me share with you that the error message your Ionic is now displaying is because the firmware update process of your device wasn't completed after the factory reset procedure, this means that the process resolved the logo issue but now you have to update its firmware. 

I recommend you to learn more about how to update the firmware version of your Fitbit device with the information that's specified on this help article. Then, if you experience an issue, please move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again! I’ve done the update. It says the data reset hasn’t worked, but it doesn’t seem to matter as the watch now appears to be working again after the firmware update.

thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

woke up today to a logo on the watch it appears to shut off then back on nothing I have tried off this site has worked so far not a new on it like 3 or 4 years old any hope here for it?

my ionic stuck on logo screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok after I let it charge back up again I tried this again it was odd the app would see it but hang on connecting.... and time out

once I finally got the timing right on the factory reset as you mentioned  it would still just hang there I then had a brain fart and switched my wifi to 2.5 ghz and it then worked the app saw it and connected then updated the watch got it all working now ... 

I do have a new Fitbit watch on the way went ahead and bought the Sense that 100 buck off tricked me into it lol,  hopefully by Tuesday  

thanks for the info on how to get this

Best Answer