Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not charging or turning back on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Left it charged all night too and it’s still dead 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: Tried using another outlet, still nothing.

tried holding the power button and the bottom button on the other side. It’s alive ❤️

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Same here, almost new Ionic started playing up, first signs this morning were that the digital time on my clock faces 'vanished' ie all I was left with was a picture. A reset later and all I had then was a black screen and a very sick feeling that all was lost. I tried for hours to fix it using information from the interweb but it looked like it had become a brick.

Read more stuff about Fitbits not liking Leap Years as well, it may be unconnected but you never know

Found this, and it works for me (massive thanks to Joe's Gaming and Electronics - give them a 'Like')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfjt-YT4iVQ

Steps to fix your device.

1. Press all 3 buttons on the Fitbit Ionic simultaneously

2. When the screen turns off and turns back on release the right bottom button

3. Wait for the unit to vibrate

4. Now release all buttons

5. Wait for the unit to turn back on

6. Now your unit is reset

7. Pair it back up with the app, wait for the update and finally...

8. Get back to staying fit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Me too

Battery dead 

Best Answer

My son's is doing the same. Not happy, it's only just a year old and it's a special edition one. Totally dead...no charge, no screen, can't restart 😞

Best Answer

Same here, almost new Ionic started playing up, first signs this morning were that the digital time on my clock faces 'vanished' ie all I was left with was a picture. A reset later and all I had then was a black screen and a very sick feeling that all was lost. I tried for hours to fix it using information from the interweb but it looked like it had become a brick.

Read more stuff about Fitbits not liking Leap Years as well, it may be unconnected but you never know

Found this, and it works for me (massive thanks to Joe's Gaming and Electronics - give them a 'Like')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfjt-YT4iVQ

Steps to fix your device.

1. Press all 3 buttons on the Fitbit Ionic simultaneously

2. When the screen turns off and turns back on release the right bottom button

3. Wait for the unit to vibrate

4. Now release all buttons

5. Wait for the unit to turn back on

6. Now your unit is reset

7. Pair it back up with the app, wait for the update and finally...

8. Get back to staying fit

Best Answer

Thank you 

Nice information 

It works 

I rested  now waiting to full charge and see.

🌷🌷

Best Answer

Same problem. My Ionic battery died today. It is just over a year old. I tried charging it with different cables and both USB and wall outlet. Nothing worked. It won't turn on to perform a reset. Holding the 3 buttons down at once doesn't work.

None of the answers or suggestions work and I'm very disappointed. Fitbit should be ashamed of this product.

Best Answer

same its not turning on at all ziltch and I tried the reset

Best Answer

Having had my Ionic working for nearly 24 hours now, the only minor issue I noticed is that it no longer has a clock face picker app installed on the watch, so you can only pick one at a time from the phone/pc. Other than that minor thing I am relieved that it works again, but very sorry to hear of those of you who have not been able to get your watches working again.

In actual fact, after my past experiences with Fitbit customer service and various Blaze, Charge 2, and numerous Surges, I bought the watch as a brand new pebble on ebay for <£70GBP and a whole load of straps in various colours and a neat desk charger stand for small amounts, so suggest those of you who are out of 'warranty' do what I did and save a lot of money. Of course, you won't get any support from Fitbit in the event of an issue, but.....

If buying a brand-new box-fresh official Fitbit in the UK,my clever wife suggests buying it with a credit card, keeping the receipts and in the event of trouble make a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Martyn Lewis' Moneysavingexpert site gives full details of how this works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of those steps multiple times.....the watch is completely unresponsive, I'm not even convinced it's going to work ever again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to buy a new charging cable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

when you brought the new cable did it work then or was it still not working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, I let it charge for a minute or two then it came on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Based on the pages of similar problems, and my experience, it appears that Fitbit is knowingly selling defective products and their solution is to offer a discount coupon. Switch to a more reliable device that works and is backed by the manufacturer.

Tell all your friends considering Fitbit to stay away.

Best Answer

Same! Tried reset, charge in different ports, cleaned...nothing is working😩

Best Answer
0 Votes