Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Disconnection/Reconnection Issues?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Fitbit crew. 

Unfortunately, and sadly, I'm starting to lose the faith I had in my Ionic. Other than other small issues which I can live with, is anyone else having an issue of the GPS disconnecting mid-run and NOT re-connecting?

I have to stop my exercise, go back into the run app and commence another session and wait for it to reconnect (which it ultimately does) - which it total pants! 

Haven't always had this problem - anyone have the same?

Cheers, 

Carl. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

You're not alone in this. It happens during most of my runs and never reconnects. And I refuse to stop and wait for a reconnect. My gear is supposed to support me, not slow me down. 

Based on this and another issue, where long sleeves pause, stop or change mode to another entirely different exercise, I have opted to leave my ionic in the locker and run with my old Surge. I posted a topic comparing the two Fitbit products. It's difficult for me to believe that Fitbit actually tested the ionic with living, sweating and competitive athletes in all weather conditions.

Best Answer

I agree. 

I've been quite the ambassador for the brand, but things like this however have (eventually) made me start to doubt the quality of the product, and like you say the testing prior to release. 

I appreciate your reply. I may go to customer support and actually get some help instead of putting these little gripes I have with the Ionic off. 

Best Answer

This is happening to me. Ive contacted support and commented under every post about this. You should do the same so to bring it to fitbits attention. 

Google “fitbit ionic gps reconnect during run”

It really sucks and im considering a refund since there have been posts about this since october and no fix. 

Best Answer

Heya!

I did end up contacting support in the end, and I was told to do a factory reset - which I thought was a bit of an automated/robotic solution to the situation, but it appears to have worked. 

I do believe that we've had the FitbitOS 2 update since then, and I've had no further problems. I'm not 100% convinced on GPS accuracy, but as long as it connects, stay connected and works... I'm happy. 

Best Answer

I was experiencing this issue as well. I completed a factory reset of the watch (remember to unpair from your phone first), which has seemed to resolve the issue. So far no lost GPS connection during my recent runs. The bummer part of the reset is that you have to reload all your local stuff, ie, music and fitbit wallet, etc. 

Best Answer

is this true for all of you? I made a factory reset and saw that phenomena "loosing connection during a run" and pending state "connecting".

Best Answer

Not sure what you are asking? However, I can tell you that since I did the factory reset I have not had the GPS connectivity problem again. 

Best Answer