Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Map Not Complete

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic. Started and "connected" to GPS. First 1/2 of workout and workout map is missing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @greenfroggy1.

Thanks for bringing this up. Let me help you figure out what is going on.

I will be moving this thread to the Ionic board as I think it is better suited for it.

I'd like to ask you two questions about what could be going on:

• When did this start happening? 
  • How many times has it happened?

In the meantime it is important to consider that it could have happened because there was something causing interference with the GPS data. A lot of buildings or trees, a very cloudy day, or going into a tunnel or roofed parking lot. All of these could cause the GPS data to not work correctly.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit 

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

It was a sunny day in the lake. No trees, tunnels, etc. See map below. "Connected" message confirmed by fishing barge which is where I started and went right along the coast for a long time - though that is not on the map - then I went around to the left dot on the map, and back to the barge. At no time did I stop and restart. Should I return this Ionic and try another?

Screenshot_2019-05-27-13-52-54.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit 

Hi,

Following-up.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @greenfroggy1.

I apologize for the delay in my reply. Thanks for reaching back with those details and sharing that screenshot.

If you do have the option to exchange your Ionic for a new one and then test a new Ionic on the same activity to see if the map shows correctly.

Please do keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes