Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS and battery issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

It is been about a month i have bought Ionic. I have 2 issues.

ISSUE 1 - I have faced issues with regards to GPS. I finish a 10K and my watch says 9.58. Another day i finished 11K watch again looses GPS and shows 10.1K only. On this weekend i was running a 10K and suddenly after 6KM GPS stopped and there is no log. Just got hanged for a minute. then home screen appeared and i started GPS again. So it only recorded last 3.5k. Initially i thought it is because of cloud cover or trees but not always.

ISSUE 2 - Today morning watch was okay. but at 9 am it did not respond. it shut down automatically. Battery was 80% last night. Now after putting on charge Ionic does not start either. It is so frustrating now how do i get it replaced repaired?

Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity and removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Try restarting it several times Restart your tracker 

If that doesnt fix it, do a Factory Reset (settings app on your watch and scroll down to About). If it is still not turning on you will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @preshx18! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned regarding the GPS and battery issue you're experiencing. 

I would like you to make sure that you're following these steps to track your activity with GPS. You can learn more about the GPS by checking this article How accurate is GPS?. The signal can be lost by some reasons such as trees and tall buildings. If you notice the signal is lost during many times while performing your exercise, then it won't be accurate at all because it's not fully tracking it. 

In regards to your Ionic's battery, please restart it and then try charging it. Regarding your question about getting it replaced or repaired, Fitbit doesn't count with a repaired center but any solution that's provided is always based on the Fitbit Warranty

Thanks for your advice @NellyGRobot Happy

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No matter what i do the device is not starting. I have contacted fitbit and
they have asked me for several videos and i have sent to them. The morning
it shut down the battery was 91%. Now i tried factory reset but device just
doesnt start. Really frustrating
Best Answer
0 Votes

No dear, it just doesnt start. Ionic is dead. I contacted the helpcentre and I am awaiting replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes