Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS data from bike not showing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I won't on a 5 mile bike ride this morning.   It tracked my time and distance, but the map will not load on the app.  I've restarted the fitbit,  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.... 

I'm on android with an up to date note 8, and my fitbit app and fitbit ionic are both up to date.  This is super annoying.  I've had so much trouble with this ionic! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hello Fertetkingdom,

Cycling is my # 1 sport and I use my Ionic just about daily for tracking my rides and it works perfectly fine.  Never had a problem with the map not showing on the Fitbit App and also on the Strava App which it automatically syncs to every time.  Strava will also display and analyze heart rate activity, average mph, etc that was captured by the Ionic, and it also incorporates any segments that were along the mapped route.  Even if I don't have Strava running during my actual ride, it analyzes the same information directly from my Ionic after it syncs and then the identical data is displayed on both apps.  Although it appears without any specific locations, the mapped route is also displayed on the Strava app on my Ionic.  I suppose if Ionic tracked your distance the internal GPS must have been working for your entire ride, but do you know for a fact that it was?  Did you try forcing another sync with your phone?    I sync to my iPhone daily and everything pretty much loads within a few seconds, but I noticed this morning on my other device that when I forced it to sync with my Ionic, all of the data showed up within a few seconds except for the map route was took a lot longer to appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also saw this today. Went for a 33KM bike ride and the GPS seemed to track everything. On return home the App showed a distance of 33Km, but the app-map showed just 2 points, start and end point - connected with a straight line. I thought all the GPS data was missing but on the PC luckily the complete track is there.

Seems to be a bug in the latest version of the app.
Best Answer

@Guitman yes I did try to sync it multiple times with my phone.  I even restarted my Ionic and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Nothing worked.  It still does not show.  It shows on my Fitbit Dashboard on the computer, and it does show in my Strava just fine, so it appears to be something with the app itself.  I have no way of knowing if the GPS was working for my entire ride.  I would assume so since my map shows up in strava and online.  There are maps for all my prior rides/runs also, just not today.  It just has the spinning circle telling me it's thinking, but a map never comes up, so I am missing the map and other data such as comparison to recent rides that I can normally see.  

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner My map also shows up in my dashboard on the computer.  I agree it seems like something buggy in the App itself.  

Best Answer

Before starting oitoon the ride, did you wait for the tracker to get a GPS lock? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue yes it was connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you actually manually starting and ending the ride recording in the exercise app? if you don't, the Ionic automatically records the ride, but not with a map and with less accurate details.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@D8veh I starting and stopping the bike activity on the ionic itself, not on the app.  That is what I always do,  and my iget rides and runs are showing,  mostly.   I had another the other day that shows half the ride,  then just a straight line from where we were to my house.   The full path we actually biked however does show correctly in my online fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what my actual ride was. And what I see when I log on on the computer

Screenshot_20180603-193837_Chrome.jpg

Here is that same ride that partially shows in the app on my phone.  It's only half thereScreenshot_20180603-174337_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

This is the first one ihad am issue with.   The map data has never loaded in the app on my phone.   Screenshot_20180603-194358_Fitbit.jpg

But it does show fully online.   Screenshot_20180603-194430_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now NONE of my maps/GPS data from runs and bike rides are showing in the App on my phone.   This is so aggravating as I cannot compare data from recent activities.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  returned my ionic to Amazon.  Just not happy with the syncing of Bluetooth, WiFi. The strava experiences were crappy. No map details just distance etc. Posted to strava. Lots of time given for it to load.  Syncing within app. Logging out. Logging in. Unauthorizing then authorizing strava. Very frustrating. 

Some people seem to have great experiences with the product. Unfortunately not me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problems on my iconic Fitbit app. I will go out on a bike ride it will record the entire ride on my Fitbit but when I look at my app it does not show the map. It does show all the other data so I know it is working.

I have sync the app with the Fitbit several times and it just does not show up on my Fitbit by iconic. If I pull up the app on my computer the whole route shows up with no issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions?.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i to am having similar problem, map showing on pc  but not on my phone  

Best Answer
0 Votes