Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not connecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Ionic last month. When I ran last week it picked up the GPS signal but today it did not on my run. It wont connect just sitting here on the couch either. It wont download my run to strava im assuming because it didnt work on my run. Any ideas on how to fix it. I have already restarted the ionic.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before to posting over here. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the issue occurs with every exercise or just with Run? When was the first time you experienced this issue? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? and let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before to posting over here. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the issue occurs with every exercise or just with Run? When was the first time you experienced this issue? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? and let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer

For three days in a row, the GPS would not connect on Run. It has been inaccurate for weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didnt realize it had to be at 80% charge for the gps to work. Thank you.

Best Answer

My GPS has not worked this last week. I have restarted, checked to make sure the GPS was turned on on, which it was. Watch is almost always fully charged. I spoke to a rep yeaterday and they had me install the device on my app like it was a new devicw, nothing has worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Since we’re or hearing anything from FitBit, my hunch is that our GPS disruptions may be related to the Sahara Dust Cloud that could be interfering with satellite signals.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wonder why it's happening with Fitbit - my boyfriend has a Garmin and it's working perfectly fine.

Best Answer

I have had this problem for 3 weeks now.. I have tried everything and even when fully charged it will not connect. Done a 26 mile bike ride today and was in searching for connection throughout and did not connect once. While family have fitbit maybe time to change if not sorted.🤔😠😡

Best Answer
0 Votes
The GPS on my Ionic and my wife’s Versa have not been connecting except intermittently for the past three weeks. No solution in sight

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is not connecting to GPS with every exercise. It has been searching for hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes