Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have to pay 300 US dollars for watch that has 1/4 of the features an Android watch or Apple watch can do? Add more Apps so that we can personalize our watches! not everyone enjoys pandora as much as some people.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

No, you don't have to.

Best Answer

Wish I hadn’t...

Should never have been released outside the US until there was a streaming option, more than one bank to use pay with. It’s basically a Surge 2 by any other name!

Best Answer

I would love if the Ionic could play Google Music. I bought it about a week ago and there is a lot to like, especially the sleep tracking, but the limited intervals, weak music support (Could I at least control music on my phone from my watch?), the weak notifications (you see nothing on the watch, just that you got a text from whoever or an email with a subject line -- nothing more -- you have to get your phone out to see if it is important!) are among the things that make me question my purchase. I really want to be happy with this, but it does less than my Pebble, though yes it does health tracking better.

Best Answer

I would also love Google Play Music on the Fitbit Ionic. Hopefully the developers at fitbit add this to the Ionic.

Best Answer

I concur.

Best Answer

+1, please add support for more music services. Google Play Music would be fantastic.

Best Answer

Agreed for Google Play Music.

Best Answer

Another vote for Google Play Music. Pandora isn't even available for us in Canada. And I am a long-time Google Play Music user. Would love support for this directly on my Ionic!

But to your point, you can control music on the watch. I can play, pause, skip/rewind tracks, and adjust volume from my watch for music playing in the Google Play Music app on my iPhone. Hold the top right button to open music and, if music playing on your phone, you should see it on the Ionic.

And to the message notifications, I can read the text messages on my watch too. It shows a snipit and, if I select/press on it, it expands the message.

I am using iPhone 7 with Ionic. Was same with Blaze and iPhone 5S as well.

Best Answer

Google play music needs to be supported! 

Best Answer

Berdwa wrote: the weak notifications (you see nothing on the watch, just that you got a text from whoever or an email with a subject line -- nothing more -- you have to get your phone out to see if it is important!)

My Ionic shows the full content of text messages (unless they are VERY long), and both the subjects and the opening sentences of emails. Maybe it's your messaging app or your email app, and what they send to the Ionic, that are truncating.

Best Answer

Disappointed in the music support in ionic, lots of storage for mp3 files but the world has changed to subscription services from google apple and amazon.  hope support for DRM-encrypted "keys" - Tokens will allow playlists from the big 3 to be temporarily stored to played directly from watch as long as subscription is up to date.

Best Answer

Pandora was terminated here in Australia and New Zealand last year.  Seems they were not making any money.  I switched to google play so it would be nice if it were supported by fit hit.

Best Answer

Google Music is an app that must be delivered for the Ionic.  The community needs to keep this thread going, applying a little pressure on the developers to prioritize the app.

I am a Pandora user and enjoy using it without my cell phone, but Pandora is showing it's age, even being retired in locations around the world.

Three biggies today for audio streaming in the US, Google Music, Spotify and even Apple Music need to be available apps on the Ionic to keep the Ionic a viable option for cell phone free streaming audio.

Best Answer

I agree completely!

@AndyB2703wrote:

Google Music is an app that must be delivered for the Ionic.  The community needs to keep this thread going, applying a little pressure on the developers to prioritize the app.

I am a Pandora user and enjoy using it without my cell phone, but Pandora is showing it's age, even being retired in locations around the world.

Three biggies today for audio streaming in the US, Google Music, Spotify and even Apple Music need to be available apps on the Ionic to keep the Ionic a viable option for cell phone free streaming audio.

Best Answer

I just got my Ionic yesterday and I did do I could control the Google Music app with it .I do not download music to my android Android, I only stream. It would be nice to have a built in app. 

Best Answer

Transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music and more for free with MusConv tool.

Moderator edit: word choice.

Best Answer

Yeah I agree but the ionic is beautiful compare to any other smartwatch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been able to sync my Google music on my phone to my ionic.  Make sure in settings, under bluetooth connection options, you set to pair.  I sometimes keep it paired and volume is synced for sure but it seems to lose connection after a mile of running.  I had fitbit blaze before this ionic and it wad awesome with bluetooth features.  I just don't understand why it doesn't stay connected.

Best Answer

I also have google play access on my ionic. Was a headache to get it to work tho! 

Best Answer
0 Votes