Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have to pay 300 US dollars for watch that has 1/4 of the features an Android watch or Apple watch can do? Add more Apps so that we can personalize our watches! not everyone enjoys pandora as much as some people.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

My ionic is paired with my S8. If I look to the Bluetooth settings on my phone I see my ionic as a paired device .If I go to settings on my ionic and choose Bluetooth Connect Options I see "+Audio Device". For some reason no matter what I do it wants to control only music downloaded to my phone, which I don't have .What's the secret I'm missing?

Best Answer

@karmle76@CookyHow! How!! How???

Detailed instructions please.

Does it also mean that you need to keep your phone with you while running/working out?

Best Answer

Hey guys,

All i did was keep resetting the fitbit and searching via my phones bluetooth until 'ionic classic' was visible. 'Ionic' was found straight away everytime, but it doesnt work with if your paired to that. Once it comes up, you just pair it and it should work. Took me like 30mins to finally get it. 

Once it connects the first time, it is simple.

And yes, youll need your phone near you. Otherwise youll just need to save the music to ur device.

I tried to upload photos but they are too big, if you want me to email them to you, send me a message.... a.s.cook@live.com.au

Best Answer

@Cooky I think there is a way in Ionic settings to make it visible to other devices in classic mode.

But as far as I understand what basically you are doing is playing your "Google Play Music" on your phone and controlling it via your watch. Which means you need to take the phone along with you for run. What's the point of that! If I have phone with me, why wouldn't I will connect my headphone directly to the phone.

What we are hoping is that FB will equip Ionic to allow Google Play to work on watch directly..

Best Answer

I agree. I only use Google Play and can't add music from my android phone to my Ionic Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I only use Google Play and can't add music from my android phone to my Ionic Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wish I could play music on my Ionic from my android phone. I only use Google Play and can't add music from my android phone to my Ionic Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree! I only use Google Play and can't add music from my android phone to my Ionic Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only use Google Play and can't add music from my android phone to my Ionic Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Fitbit:

+1 on this. The world has changed to subscription music services; transferring an MP3 to the watch is, errr, archaic. We'd love a functioning Google Play Music app, that would allow us to download subscription music to the watch (a bit like Netflix allows us to download shows for later viewing).

I realize this is a tall order (especially if Google isn't providing API's to 3rd party companies to allow this)... but is there any hope of this in the future?

Best Answer

I completely agree with you.  The Ionic is a Charge 2 that is more bulky!   

Google Play Music, Linux support?    

Best Answer
0 Votes

After using google play streaming for a number of years I set up pandora to see their selection of prebuilt streams. I literally lol'd as i clicked on one of the "workout" streams and darude sandstorm started playing. whatyearisit.jpg

it would be great to pull in a google play station and just run with my watch on, or even spotify as i have a python  conversion that can sync spotify and google music. who uses pandora even anymore? the google music recent music rotation is much more fresh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add Google Play Music compatibility!!!

Best Answer

Yes, please Google Play compatibility.

Best Answer

Any update on this? I think there is already a lot of demand for Google Play app integration

Best Answer

I dont know if this helps but I enabled notifications for Google Play Music for the iconic and when I play a song I will get it showing in the notifications and if I click on the notification I can interact with it: Play/Pause/Previous/Next etc

it's a clunky way to do it but works.. I did the thing where I set bluetooth to Pair and paired with ionic classic but then what? Where should the music controls come from? In the Music app only works for music on the watch itself.

Ta

Best Answer
0 Votes

It can be done there are just a lot of separate steps to do it.  You need to make sure your phone is supported fully bc if not certain things will work, and others just never will. Have your music playing in google play. Make sure your phone is connecting to Ionic Classic. Hold the left side button and pull up music controls and either hit the three dots, or change the input from watch to phone. What's playing on your google play music should then come up on your ionic screen. I hope that helps and works for you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. It worked.
Best Answer

I can already listen to Google Play music if I just pair my headset with my cellphone.  I want the Google Play app on the Ionic so that I can leave my cellphone at home when I go for a Jog.   Thanks but too much effort if I'm taking my cellphone with on the jog anyways. 

Best Answer

Completely agree. Fitbit is at least 5 years behind. For $300 you'd expect a real competitor not this.

Best Answer
0 Votes