Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Sensor, Step Counter not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Beginning two days ago, I noticed my Ionic did not record my steps. I have subsequently noticed that it is not tracking my heart rate or sleep. The screen also seems to be turning on randomly and rapidly draining the battery despite the screen wake setting being set to manual (button). 

Here are the settings I have on the device:

Brightness: Auto

Screen Timeout: 10s

Screen Wake: Manual (Button)

Vibrations: Normal

Heat Rate: On

The firmware version is 27.71.6.19.

These are the actions I have taken:

1) Updated the device

2) Restarted the device multiple times (Holding bottom and left button simultaneously)

2) Shutdown the device. Attempts to calibrate the sensors failed repeatedly.

3) Factory Reset. Attempted to calibrate sensors again and failed.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Morettba, 

My situation is identical to yours, as are my actions. 

The only thing I will add is that the problem began after updating the Firmware on the device.

I also tried to contact "Fitbit" yesterday but the call seemed to go dead.

Reading the other threads similar to this the outlook isn't promising.

Does someone have a solution for this?

Best Answer

So I tried one more thing today that seems to have resolved the issue. I changed the clock face on the watch to SpO2 Signature and deleted my other watch faces. The SpO2 signature looks to have been the most recently updated one from Fitbit (September 2020). The others I had were both last updated in July 2020. That seems to have restored functionality to the device. Heart rate and step counter are all now working again. 

Best Answer

So 2 days later after changing the clock face, the original issue has returned. Will continue troubleshooting. This is a very frustrating experience.

Speaking of frustration, when I called Fitbit they would only offer me 35% off my next purchase as the device was no longer under warranty. I can understand the strategy there, but surely they must understand that it's hard to justify another purchase of a Fitbit product if they are not going to support the existing devices. I don't mean to put them down, but I'd prefer assistance with my existing device rather than a new one. What's to say that this issue will not persist on a different Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alright, I did another factory reset and it's working again. Now I'm just waiting until it eventually has another problem. I will keep observing and see what may trigger it.

Best Answer
0 Votes