Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not accurate while jogging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been jogging for almost fifty years and lately my pulse rates on my Icon have been over 200 without any excessive efforts. It caused me to stop worry that I was going to keel over. Today I took another pulse device ( an oxygen meter which also measures pulse) The Icon was saying 179 while the other device said 98. Clearly it’s not works properly. What should I do? I have paid for extended protection. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Joggerbill A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

As with all heart-rate tracking technology, accuracy is affected by personal physiology, device location on your arm, and type of movement.

For a more accurate heart-rate reading:

• Wear your Fitbit device on top of your wrist, and make sure the back of the device is in contact with your skin.
  • When you’re not exercising, wear your device a finger’s width above your wrist bone.
  • During exercise, wear your device a bit tighter and higher for an improved fit. The band should be snug but not constricting (a tight band restricts blood flow, potentially affecting the heart-rate signal). Many exercises such as bike riding or weight lifting cause you to bend your wrist frequently, which could interfere with the heart-rate signal if the watch is lower on your wrist.

Additionally, you may want to check some factors that can affect your heart-rate reading on your Fitbit device

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes