Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a brand new Ionic last week to replace my charge 2. The heart rate is not registrering at all. I have tried the following things

* Cleaning the sensors

* turning the heart rate off in settings turning the monitor off and on and then turning the heart rate monitor back on.

* I have worn it on both arms at different levels.

* have worn it at different levels of tightness. 

The sensor is working but no heart rate is being registered. I have seen this on a number of posts as an issue.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Try restarting the Ionic by pressing and holding the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs, let go of the buttons when you see the fitbit logo. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I forgot to list that I had done that too many times

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok no problem.

The next thing I would try would be a full factory reset. As you mention the lights are flashing, it sounds more like a software issue as opposed to a hardware one. Although if the full factory reset doesn't solve the issue it will then be best to contact Fitbit support

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Nathan. Trying that now but it won't even pair with my phone. I will keep trying and contact support if it fails.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you haven't already done so you may need to go into the fitbit app and remove the Ionic from your account, also go into your phones Bluetooth settings and unpair the Ionic. Hopefully it should pair with your phone after that. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

unpairing in bluetooth settings worked. thanks mate

Best Answer

Did you get an answer on the no heart rate? Would love to know because mine has stopped registering.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the suggestions worked. None of the data collected by the sensors is displayed on watch after most recent FW upgrade, to v.27.32.10.20. I checked app on phone and all data is being collected correctly.  Turned out problem is the clock face, created by a 3rd party developer as their application updates lag behind FW releases.  Problem solved by selecting a "Fitbit" clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @anmajojo! If you're not getting heart rate reading on your Ionic, please try the tips posted on this article Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?

If you're getting a heart rate reading but it's not syncing, please try these tips Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Thank you for sharing what worked for you @Gyrokut

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to my own issue. I received brilliant online support from Fitbit and through a process of testing and elimination, I am getting my Fitbit replaced under warranty. Whilst I was frustrated, there was no angst because s**t happens and it's noboby's fault.

Huge thanks to the support team !!!!!! Everyone is quick to complain but not pat on the back.....

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back @anmajojo! It's great to see that you're sharing the resolution that you got from Customer Service. 

Hope you can continue enjoying your Ionic. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any further questions. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support is a farce. I have tried to reach them with Chat and they keep login off. I also have no heart rate and band is deteriorating. I get no help at all. EdStJames1 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @EdStJames1. Thanks for trying to reach our Support team. 

We have many channels of communication which are Chat, Call, Twitter, Email and Community. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes