Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate sensor and calibration.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've recently upgraded my fitbit from the charge 2 to the ionic.  It's been about a week and the heart rate sensor light has turned on once the entire time. It hasn't been able to read my heart rate at all. I've followed instructions on resetting things, nothing has helped. It also keeps saying that it needs to be calibrated.  Is that something that's supposed to happen multiple times every day? I never experienced that with my last watch. Any help is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Carolynj32, the heart sensor should be flashing whenever the unit is on the arm. 

Let's check the HR settings, by on the ionic swipe over to the settings .Tap and check that the theart rate is set to auto or to on. 

Best Answer

Thanks for replying @Rich_Laue! It's turned on in the settings. Any other ideas? I was told to restart/reset it by holding the left and bottom right buttons at the same time. That worked once. It stopped again once I put it on the charger to calibrate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am.having the same problem ,the heart reading is to high ,I have a surge and I have been comparing the readings ,the surge is correct  the ionic is wrong 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But your comparing the readings to what third device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes