Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hike mode not working!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We went for a hike, and I turned on «hike mode». I came home, my Ionic screen was dead, I restarted it, and NONE of my steps from the hike was registred. 16000+ steps, just gone. (Hubby has a Blaze, he had some trouble with hike mode as well, but all steps counted for. Lucky him..)

Anybody else had trouble with this? After this, I`m only using «walk» mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

A warm welcome to the Community @FibroYogi! It's pretty weird that your data disappeared from your Dashboard. I appreciate the restart you performed, in this case, I would like you to make sure your Ionic is properly charged and reply to the following questions: 

- Did all the data for this day disappeared? 

- What did you do to get the screen again on? 

- When did this happen to you? 

- Do you use walk exercise when you go hiking now? 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi! 

No, not all the data disappeared. The steps I had before I put it in «hike mode» where still there. (200+ steps 😂)

I just restarted the fitbit. None of the buttons worked, the screen was dead, BUT the green puls sensor was still working. So I jumped into crazymode and just did the first thing my head could come up with, a restart. 

This happened today, between 12 and 15, and I have not used any modes afterwards. Just walked all over again (yay for extra workout! Need my steps!!🤤). 

I don’t know if the fitlab clockface has something to do with it.. I`ve had problems with «My cat Luna», where the steps dont go down to zero after midnight. So today I changed clockface just to see how it works. 

We are going for a evening walk, then I`ll try walk mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: Walk mode works. 👍

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for keeping me updated @FibroYogi! I'm glad to hear that walk mode is properly working now. 

Hope you can continue enjoying your Ionic and participating in the Community if you have any other question! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit

Walkmode is fine, but not Hike mode.. Ionic in Hike mode did not log anything, and the screen was dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @FibroYogi. I've shared your post with our Support team they can continue assisting you, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My hike mode does not work either, I turn it on but find the screen has gone blank so have to restart it, this keeps happening, but my steps are registered !

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @libbyA. I appreciate the details that you've mentioned. In this case, I would like you to confirm that you've tried a restart by following these steps. 

Also, reply to the following questions: 

- Does this happen only with hike activity? 

- Does it crash or it restart itself? 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My hike mode does not work either, I turn it on but find the screen has gone blank so have to restart it, this keeps happening, but my steps are registered !

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi went hiking on Saturday, after I had done a re-set, and It recorded the whole hikeThank youLiz

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @libbyA. I'm happy to hear that you went hiking on Saturday and your Ionic recorded it properly. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes