Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours with 250+ steps not syncing properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all. Lately I’ve noticed that on my FitBit app dashboard, my “hours with 250+ steps” is not syncing properly with the information on my Ionic. Usually I get in all my steps, every hour, but the dashboard app has been displaying hours where it says I did not. I know I’m getting all my hourly steps, and my tracker agrees, but the app does not. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? I’ve tried resetting and all the usual stuff, to no avail. Should I just add this to the ever-growing list of things that don’t work as they should with this expensive piece of hardware? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

Hey there @Canadansk, thanks for stopping by! Also, thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your "250 steps per hour" calculation, nice way to go! 

Can you please double check that your Fitbit app is running version 2.76? This is the most recent one. 

1. Tap the Play Store app.
  2. Tap or click the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Tap My apps & games. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Updates list.
  4. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Recently updated or Up to date list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

Once you've confirmed that your Fitbit app is up-to-date, let's refreshing your app:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your suggestions. As mentioned, I have done to usual things to correct these sorts of errors, including what you have instructed. Everything was already up to date. Sadly, the problem seems intermittent, so I’ll only see it when it fails to sync the info. I was mainly wondering if others had this issue. 

Best Answer

Hi Canadansk,

You Danish Canadian by chance?  I'm a Canaswede, so we're brethren.  I'm having the same issue and it infuriates me.  My OCD forces me to get my 250+ every hour and I'll get the congratulations on the tracker when I hit the 9 for 9 hours, but the App isn't registering the same info.  It infuriates me to no end.  Hope tech support has a solution.

Tried all those steps and unfortunately, it did not work.  This had only happened once before to me and I let it go as an anomaly.  This week it's been brutal and the App has missed 3 consecutive days where I know I've nailed the steps because the tracker congratulates me at the end of the day, but the communication with my account is obviously flawed.  It seems to randomly miss an hour now each day even though i've nailed it with the tracker.  It's very frustrating.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Last week I had 7 days with 14 hours out of 14. Tracker records it properly but the computer says I have 14 out of 14 for 4 days and 13 out of 14 for three days. From what I can tell this problem has been going on for YEARS! You would think that fitbit would have it solved by now but … That and the weather app that would not sync then it would then not!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  Even when I am at the gym for an hour and get 3000+ steps in during that hour it does I did not meet the 250 step hourly goal on the app.  Agree this is frustrating for such an expensive fitness watch.  I have tried the recommended trouble shooting but it has not fixed the issue. 

Best Answer

Just bought an Inspire HR this week.  I'm experiencing the same issue and it is very disappointing.  

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @mglace. I'm glad to hear that you just bought an Inspire HR. 

Sorry to hear about what you're experiencing. Our Fitbit team is aware of it and is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The syncing with the app is still not working properly. I did everything that I'm going to be told to do to no avail. Please fix this! 

Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @tamlynn1984. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried. As mentioned before, this is a bug that our team is aware of and they are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Your patience and understanding is appreciated while this gets resolved.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh!! I just bought inspired after having Fitbit one for 7-8 years and I am having this issue too. I saw the response that they have  then “working on this“ for a couple of months… I don’t have a lot of help as I had a syncing issue with my one data matching my weekly report and that literally took them 1+ years to fix! I was so excited for the reminder and using it as motivation to get up and move and it is surprisingly discouraging to have this feature not work. Please fix it Fitbit!!

Best Answer

Since recently having the "new" dashboard forced on my phone, and updating my app to v2.95, NOTHING is refreshing properly on the phone Dashboard (Today) after I sync (when I can get it to sync successfully). I have to enter and exit each section (i.e. Heart Rate, Hourly Activity) several times to get the display to finally refresh and show the correct data.  I did not have this issue with the old dashboard. 

Best Answer

Is there a solution to this yet? 
I have Fitbit Versa Lite. I have recorded a full 8 hours of steps but only three have recorded in the app. This is a consistent issue, and now almost July and seems to be a problem still. 

Best Answer

Auf meinen Dashboard alle richtig, Schritte etc.

NUR  bei den stündlichen Schritten fehlen immer ein paar Lücken

UND seit 2 Tagen: Wettbewerbe werden nur die ersten Schritte in der Früh synchronisiert,

dann den GANZEN TAG KEINE mehr !! 

Es bleiben bis abends vielleicht 300- 500 von der Morgenstunde... !

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of 02 July my Blaze is still having this issue. If you guys hear of a solution definitely let me know! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same as of 2 july 2019 with my versa.

Best Answer

I have a charge 3, and am also experiencing the same problem with my device acknowledging the fact I’ve reached my hourly goals, but the data isn’t being transferred to the app. 

Sincerely hope this bug is fixed soon.

Best Answer

This has just started happening to me on my versa. I've cleared cache and storage and reinstalled the app, restarted Bluetooth, and restarted my versa but nothing works.

Has this bug really been going for a year without a fix?! Sounds like fitbit is cheaping out on their dev team.

Hire more developers and fix your bugs! 

Best Answer

No reply/action from Fitbit whatsoever.  Seems to be their MO. Only good thing that has come from this forum for me  is another user recommended a scale other than the Aria which actually works.  Bought FitTrack on recommendation off this post and couldn’t be happier.  

Best Answer

Yes  I have this issue also it is annoying - seems to be a few problems with the ionic 

Best Answer
0 Votes