Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Improve Heart Rate Accuracy on Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was at my doctor today and we discovered that my Ionic BPM is 20 points higher than actual.  EKG confirmed and nurse counted.... how do I get this corrected in my Ionic?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@DadJ Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post the experience you are having with Ionic's heart rate readings. 

To get the most accurate heart rate readings from your watch you can try the wrist placement tips shown on this helpful article.

Also, you can try wearing your watch not too tight nor too loose. This way, blood flow can travel easier on your arm and should not be interfered.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you install the last update?  My Ionic was right on the money until the last firmware update. After i installed that its worthless, heart rate is all over the place.  Checked the old fashion way by counting and by ekg, and other medical devices on a recent visit. Annoying as heck.  Hate to say it but I think this may be my last fitbit device, and i've had a bunch of them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Grntruck Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your input and experience on this thread regarding Ionic heart rate readings. 

Have you try the wrist placement tips shown on this helpful article? This should help you out to get the most accurate readings.

Also, you can try wearing your watch not too tight nor too loose. This way, blood flow can travel easier on your arm and should not be interfered.

Please perform a restart on your watch. This should refresh its inner components and help out.

Try that out and let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes