Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Set Up Notifications and Fitbit Coach on my Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had my Fitbit Ionic for a few days so I am just figuring some things out. I have not received text messages or call alerts on my watch thus far, is there something that I need to set up? Also I purchased the Fitbit coach membership but I am not seeing all the same workouts on the Ionic as I can see on my phone. They all work fine from my phone. I have also noticed that when using Fitbit coach on the ionic with Bluetooth headphones i cant hear the video as I do when played from the phone. It will still buzz when I am due to move to the next exercise but there's no sound. Is it supposed to be this way? Any tips or insights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the fitbit family! I love my Ionic so I hope you love yours too!

Withbthe texts etc notifications there are two things you need to set up - one in the app and one on the watch. Depending on your phone, there may also be something in the phone settings you need to set too. So what phone are you using?

In the app go to your Ionic (tap the little picture ofbthe Ionic in the top right corner) and scroll down to notifications. Select that and then turn on all the ones you want to receive (calls, text, calendar). Then go to your Ionic and with the clock face on give a long press on the left button. On the screen that comes up (you may need to scroll tothe left to getbthe right screen), turn notifications on. Then in your phone app with notifications on your screen tap the three dots in the top right corner and select send a test notification and see if it comes through. Let us know if they work!

With Fitbit Coach on the Ionic there is no audio unfortunately - just the vibrations. I agree audio would be great. Following is a summary ofbthe workouts you shoukd have on your Ionic, depending on what Coach membership you have

Here is a breakdown of the different account type combinations and what they include: 

1. Fitbit Ionic|Versa (Fitbit Coach account - No)
    • Ionic|Versa will include: 
      • 3 static workouts
        • 10 Minute Abs
        • 7 Minute Workout
        • Treasure Chest
  2. Fitbit Ionic|Versa (Fitbit Coach account - YES, Coach premium subscription - No)
      • 1 Personalized program session workout 
      • 2-3 recommended workouts (will change periodically during syncs)
  3. Fitbit Ionic|Versa (Fitbit Coach account - Yes, Coach premium subscription - Yes)
    •  Ionic|Versa will include:  
      • 4-6 recommended workouts (will change periodically during syncs)
Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the fitbit family! I love my Ionic so I hope you love yours too!

Withbthe texts etc notifications there are two things you need to set up - one in the app and one on the watch. Depending on your phone, there may also be something in the phone settings you need to set too. So what phone are you using?

In the app go to your Ionic (tap the little picture ofbthe Ionic in the top right corner) and scroll down to notifications. Select that and then turn on all the ones you want to receive (calls, text, calendar). Then go to your Ionic and with the clock face on give a long press on the left button. On the screen that comes up (you may need to scroll tothe left to getbthe right screen), turn notifications on. Then in your phone app with notifications on your screen tap the three dots in the top right corner and select send a test notification and see if it comes through. Let us know if they work!

With Fitbit Coach on the Ionic there is no audio unfortunately - just the vibrations. I agree audio would be great. Following is a summary ofbthe workouts you shoukd have on your Ionic, depending on what Coach membership you have

Here is a breakdown of the different account type combinations and what they include: 

1. Fitbit Ionic|Versa (Fitbit Coach account - No)
      • 3 static workouts
        • 10 Minute Abs
        • 7 Minute Workout
        • Treasure Chest
  2. Fitbit Ionic|Versa (Fitbit Coach account - YES, Coach premium subscription - No)
      • 2-3 recommended workouts (will change periodically during syncs)
  3. Fitbit Ionic|Versa (Fitbit Coach account - Yes, Coach premium subscription - Yes)
    •  Ionic|Versa will include:  
      • 4-6 recommended workouts (will change periodically during syncs)
Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Awesome! Thank you for the help!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes