Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not charging notification after OS2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an aftermarket dice that's been working perfectly. It charges at the same amperage at the OE one that came with the watch. Since the Fitbit OS2 download it has been giving me a notification shortly after the watch is put on the dock and goes into screen timeout. Says "Not Charging" "Not enough power detected from this source" I think Fitbit has added something to check if its aa proprietar charger being used. It doesn't do this on the OE one but they pull the same from the source. Any source I use gets this same message. 

I'm just asking if this is happening to anyone else with a non oem charger.   

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Mine works fine with the stock charger and fine with another aftermarket charger it's only gives me that notification when I'm on one aftermarket charger on a crappy low voltage USB Source otherwise it's fine if you're having that notification put it on a good USB source. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

That's interesting. My Ionic did not come with a charging device, it only included the USB charging cable. So I would hope Fitbit is not trying to detect a proprietary charging device that they did not provide to everyone in the box.

Best Answer

I have an Ionic.  I updated to OS2 today (2018-03-19).  Now when connecting the Ionic to a USB power source via the charging cable I receive a notification that reads, "Not Charging; Not enough power detected from this source."  I have never previously encountered this message, nor have I previously had issues charging my Ionic.

After playing around with it, I think the error is displayed because of the inherently loose connection between the magnetized USB cord and the Ionic device.  The Ionic does appear to be charging, but when initially connecting the device or nudging the cable, the error is displayed.

Best Answer

I updated to OS2 last night and have the exact same problem. I thought at first that the computer's usb ports were low on power, but this also happens when I connect to a 2.1A, 5V usb socket.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah I think it charges, but gets error screen anyway.

Best Answer

I just updated and got the same thing. I'm guessing this is a bug - how they didn't pick it up in testing I have no idea. When I tried putting it on a quickcharge port, it went a bit haywire (buzzing constantly and screen flashing) so I've gone back to standard USB. As per previous comments, my fitbit did not come with a charger, only a USB cable, and it is actually charging despite telling me it isn't...

Best Answer
0 Votes

After my last post I went onto Fitbit chat and was told to do a factory reset and then download and install OS2 again. This seems to have solved the issues I was having, but any apps I had on my watch will now have to be re-installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  The power cube was find and charged quickly under the old OS and under the new OS, is says it does not have enough power.    Very weird.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Did this solve your problem or has it come back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Matclar,

The problem returned and then I found that the device wouldn't connect to the GPS amongst other issues. I reported this to Fitbit who advised me to return the device so they could issue a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: I no longer encounter this issue.  I don't think I changed anything at all.... but I haven't received the error message for a few weeks now.  If you were following this thread and didn't want to update your OS until it was fixed... I guess it got fixed.  Good luck everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having the issue of the charging message.  It doesn't matter whether I charge it via laptop USB or adapter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue of the charging message wasn't the only issue I had. I found that my device wouldn't connect to GPS either. I had the issue resolved by getting into a protracted conversation with Fitbit who, in the end, asked me to return the Iconic "pebble" (the Iconic, less the strap) for them to issue a free replacement. They also paid the shipping costs. I now have my replacement and I still have the issue of the charging message. However, regardless of the message the device still seems to charge. It does however now connect to GPS.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the error. Just another problem with the ionic. I will never buy a fit**ahem** again 

Best Answer

Mine works fine with the stock charger and fine with another aftermarket charger it's only gives me that notification when I'm on one aftermarket charger on a crappy low voltage USB Source otherwise it's fine if you're having that notification put it on a good USB source. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nah it just does it post ios2

Best Answer

my ionic is not charging at all!

I noticed the message after the update and now my watch does not charge at all

any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello RECM75,

If your ionic is genuinely not charging at all you need to contact Fitbit and arrange for a replacement. I still get the message on my replacement but the device still charges, so I ignore it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THAT IS HORRIBLE!!

I just got it in March!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, the Fitbit Ionic has tons of issue and I don't think I will ever buy one again., especially for they're charging (no pun intended) for the advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes