Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change pace units?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Something I've been desiring from Fitbit for years when I had a Surge and now that I have an Ionic I continue to be frustrated by one annoying thing: when I record a hike or walk the output shows pace in feet and inches?  I have no idea what 17'38" means in front of my pace (1.06 mi in 18:41 min).  Does anybody track in those units?  I just want to see this in miles per hour - isn't that how most people monitor pace of walking/hiking?  It would be awesome if Fitbit could give you that option.  Is there a secret setting trick to make this change.  I called customer service - call center in India and they seemed clueless - they just read from the manual and now to switch Imperial to SI units in advanced settings.  Any advice? 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

17' 38" actually means 17 minutes 38 seconds (per mile), despite the strange annotation for it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK thanks that clarifies what I'm seeing and that make sense for runners but the inverse is better for hikers - instead of time/1-mile distance, I would think walkers and hikers would want to see distance/time. 

Best Answer

Any idea on how to see miles per hour? It's a tough conversion to see 26'38" over 1.78 miles to miles per hour.

Best Answer

Don't think any way within Fitbit, but plenty of on-line converters, and wouldn't be surprised if phone app you could download for it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AYPICARD and welcome to the Community.  There are a few easy mental conversions for pace to speed for those of us who use miles.

• 15' 00" = 4 mph
  • 20' 00" = 3 mph 
  • 30' 00" = 2 mph

Estimate everything in between.  Not so easy for metric users.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer