Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the PIN (Device Lock)?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my new Fitbit Ionic and I was playing around with it.  I enabled the PIN and now i'd like to disable it, but I cannot find a way to do that. I had gone through the wallet app, but did not enter a credit card.  I tried uninstalling the wallet app, but I still don't see a way to remove/disable the PIN.  I can reset the PIN, but not disable it.  How can I disable it so I don't have to enter it in if I don't want/need payments? 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

I restarted my phone and its fixed. At least if anyone else has this problem there is one thing you can try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks hurdalheart, fixed mine too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked a treat mate cheers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This tip worked for me.  Thanks

Best Answer

Thanks!!! I was able to remove my pin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed that device lock didn't appear as an option in the menu until I uninstalled the wallet app, hope this helps in some instances

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed my card details (iOS) and this deactivated the device lock on my Fitbit (charge 3)

Best Answer
0 Votes

This shows a screen to "Change PIN Code", but no option to remove device lock. 😞

Best Answer

Trying to connect my new Charge 4 with my laptop. Every time I tap device pending it gives me an error and says to check if Bluetooth is on. Windows show its connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I just went to the device itself at the way bottom,  says pin enabled I switched it to only using wallet. Even though I can't use the wallet. Maybe that will help you! I hope they update it soon to be able to disable it, but I get why they do incase someone gets their device and uses payment. Just silly for us that are not able to use the pin to have a pin. 🙂 hope this helps

Best Answer

Yep, Shows the same thing for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone and welcome to our new members.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion.

Have a great rest of your day.

Best Answer
0 Votes