Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up a Fitbit replacement?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I sent back 2 ionic watches for the recall under 2 accounts (my main accou t and then a brand new account that I got just for returning the other watch) ... Well when i redeemed the discount and the free premium I did it under my extra account not my main account. I've already called Fitbit and they said there's no way to transfer the premium subscription to my main account

My new question is if I just log into my new account with the new watch, I didn't think I would really lose anything important since I don't really have any friends. But now I'm thinking about it would I not lose all my milestones and badges?

I know I can't transfer the premium subscription onto my main account, but is there a way to merge the two emails so that I don't lose all my Badges and stuff

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Minchew. Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps to set up a replacement device.

Currently there is a Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches and won't be more updatesFor more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the community organized and prevent any confusion. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @shukla you can't merge two accounts or two email addresses. You have a new account, so that will start fresh earning the badges and milestones. The old account will still be there with all you've already earned, but you can't merge it. I have an old account that hasn't been used in years, but it has all my stats still in it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shukla wrote: DashboardAnywhere

So I sent back 2 ionic watches for the recall under 2 accounts (my main accou t and then a brand new account that I got just for returning the other watch) ... Well when i redeemed the discount and the free premium I did it under my extra account not my main account. I've already called Fitbit and they said there's no way to transfer the premium subscription to my main account

My new question is if I just log into my new account with the new watch, I didn't think I would really lose anything important since I don't really have any friends. But now I'm thinking about it would I not lose all my milestones and badges?

I know I can't transfer the premium subscription onto my main account, but is there a way to merge the two emails so that I don't lose all my Badges and stuff

I am looking for the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lambert69  you can't merge two accounts or two email addresses. You have a new account, so that will start fresh earning the badges and milestones. The old account will still be there with all you've already earned, but you can't merge it. I have an old account that hasn't been used in years, but it has all my stats still in it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have an existing Fitbit device, log into Fitbit and remove the old device. Next, you will add your NEW Fitbit activity tracker to the Fitbit App. Note: If you are adding a new device to your Fitbit account, you must first remove your existing device, then add the new device. Caregiver Connect

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shukla wrote:

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Hello i can help you 

To set up a replacement Fitbit device, follow these steps:

1. Unbox the Replacement Device: Open the packaging of your replacement Fitbit device and ensure that all the necessary components are included.

2. Charge the Device: Connect the device to the charger and ensure it is fully charged before proceeding with the setup process. This ensures that you have enough battery power to complete the setup.

3. Install the Fitbit App: If you haven't already, download and install the Fitbit app on your smartphone or tablet. The Fitbit app is available for both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded from the respective app stores.

4. Open the Fitbit App: Launch the Fitbit app on your device and sign in to your Fitbit account. If you don't have an account, you will need to create one.

5. Set Up a New Device: In the Fitbit app, navigate to the device setup section. This is typically found in the account or settings menu. Look for an option like "Set up a new device" or "Add a device."

6. Choose Your Device Model: Select your specific Fitbit device model from the list of available options. If you're not sure about the exact model, refer to the documentation or packaging of your replacement device.

7. Follow the On-Screen Instructions: The Fitbit app will guide you through the setup process with step-by-step instructions. This usually involves turning on Bluetooth on your mobile device, connecting to the Fitbit device, and following any additional prompts.

8. Pair the Devices: When prompted, follow the instructions to pair your mobile device with the replacement Fitbit device. This typically involves confirming a code or PIN displayed on the Fitbit device and your mobile device's screen. TellHappyStar Survey

You can try these steps

Thanks and regards,

Minchew

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Minchew. Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps to set up a replacement device.

Currently there is a Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches and won't be more updatesFor more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the community organized and prevent any confusion. 

Best Answer