Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export my data from Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, it is possible to download all my collected activity data from fitbit ?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

I agree. I want to carry on research using Fitbit and I thought the process to get the data was pretty straight forward. I have no idea how they are operating in Europe with the GDPR going on.

The research team probably will not be able to use Fitbit in this research (the University is located in Europe) due to this issue with exporting the data. If the participants can't have an easy way to access it, it is illegal. 

Best Answer

I'm having no issues using the old data export.. and.. a day after Fitbit cancelled my "old" Premium service..

You can use the old export by going into you PC Dashboard clicking gearwheel, going left on the screen and the Data Export is there.

Here is the link

https://www.fitbit.com/settings/data/export

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, the Fitbit tool does not allow to see the intraday data, which is what I aim to look into.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CarolFDIs it intraday HR data. If so I use this 3rd party URL.

@CarolFD wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, the Fitbit tool does not allow to see the intraday data, which is what I aim to look into.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Well, here it is April 20 and there is no resolution to having immediate access to my data without having to 'schedule' a download.

This leaves me little choice on my next step.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichardCW  What data are you after ?.

I'm successfully downloading my Activity data using the Data Export at this link   Also my RHR data and other HR data at this link

I have just lost access to the old Premium but I still have nearly 8 years of downloaded data and I build on it either weekly or monthly from the old Export feature....

I wasn't interested in scheduling the download and trying to unravel the data.. Not worth the effort when I have everything I need.  I'm not interested in downloading the tcx data...

@RichardCW wrote:

Well, here it is April 20 and there is no resolution to having immediate access to my data without having to 'schedule' a download.

This leaves me little choice on my next step.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the watch monitors my activity and generates data, I expect full access to it without the need to schedule my request and then only download a limited amount of the data. The weekly reports show what was accomplished during the week so obviously it is stored somewhere.
I want to be able to monitor all my activity with my own spreadsheet so that I can determine progress or regress.
The watch carries a high price tag and provides a very useful function even though the floor counter leaves a lot to be desired, I expect access to my data. All that is needed is a little programming to provide the access to my data, I am not asking for access to the data directly from the watch, that would require a little more work but also not impossible and may be an ultimate goal.
The App on the PC provides the data in the same restrictive format as the reports so the data is there also but again, not useable.
Consider the usefulness of the watch if they ever take down the service, you will have an expensive paperweight, albeit a small one.
I have seen no response or even comments from James Park or Eric Friedman so they do not take my request seriously.

I am not asking for the impossible, that is what I am asking for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an FYI, after you take the requested survey, it is rejected because of a prior (non)submission.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichardCW I can understand where you are coming from  but you didn't post what data you need. 

I can get the data I want anytime, no scheduling and I build my spreadsheets.  I tried the schedule download and I'm not going to do that everytime I need data and unravel the data. Not worth the effort. 

I posted what I do, costs nothing and it's regular. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichardCW What survey....? I haven't been sent one via the Community 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you still looking for your Data?

I may be able to help you. I am just another Fitbit user but I download my data at least once per month and I down load into a Microsoft Excel format which gives me an XLS file that I copy and paste the data into my History File for my Fitbit. I have all my data saved since I started using the Fitbit on April 5, 2018.

Below is a picture of the download page that I use from https://www.fitbit.com/settings/data/export

Your Fitbit Data

Export your Fitbit data in Microsoft Excel or CSV format, which can be opened in any spreadsheet application.

Time Period

You can export up to 31 days of data.

This Week
 This Month
 Last Week
 Last Month
 Custom
Include Data
 Body
 Foods
 Activities
 Sleep
File Format
                   CSV                                Microsoft Excel                
Download
Best Answer

Try this link: 

https://www.fitbit.com/settings/data/export

I have just successfully download all data (without having to request it) for past 7 months. The only limitation was that I had to download the data month by month, but otherwise all good

Best Answer

Help - I need my weight data in usable format - not json files....?   I tried to get my weight data for past 6.5 years.  Downloading in 30 day increments is not acceptable.  I requested my data and received a zillion *.json files.  Not at all helpful or acceptable.  Actually kind of mean spirited response from Fitbit - what do they think we would do getting a zillion *.json files in response to our data request - not helpful.  How can I get my weight data (should be able to have free access to all my data in usable format) in a usable/excel format?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try this from the web site at the top:

Custom (specify 30 day period desired), Include only Body if you just want
weight, choose File format of Microsoft Excel.

You will need Excel or a spreadsheet program that can read it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I already saw that you can download in 30 day increments. That is not useful as I want access to 6.5 years. I also see that Fitbit allows you to download your data for all time but it comes in an unusable format. Hence my question.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I only had to go back 2 years but I got all of mine.

If you want it do it otherwise all you can do is complain.

Charlie
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it's just like Fitbit purports - "Your data belongs to YOU!"
Good luck with that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Useful post. I have now downloaded activity data from Jan to Dec 2019 but from this, how do I then isolate, extract my run data (ie a sub activity) from the activity download? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichardCW did you get a solution?

Best Answer

hi! 

I have been using Fitbit for 2 years, logging my weight everyday. Do you know if there is a way that I can download all my weight data all at once in a file that is not .JSON? Or do I have to do it month by month

Best Answer
0 Votes