Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly charge ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What's the go with this charger? It would have to be the most ineffective charger on the market.it is so hit and miss as to whether it charges or not. Why design so that it has an almost 'rocker' fit? Anyone any good tips other than buy a Iwatch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Same thing for me ! Sometimes it takes me 3 minutes to be able to set the charger ! I didn’t find any tips yet !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Shazgo and @Vkapune, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for your posts and the details that were shared. If you are having difficulties charging your Fitbit Ionic, you can find some helpful tips on our article: How do I charge my Fitbit device?. Furthermore, if you experience an issue at the moment you want to charge the Ionic battery, please check: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

I'll be around, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo ! I don't know if you work for Fitbit but now my patience is on his limit. Last night, I took 2 minutes to plug my Fitbit and this morning the battery is empty. 

I read what you suggest and there is nothing to help me.

I simply put the magnet to the watch and verify if the screen is showing the level of the battery. 

It only take a simple move and then, bye bye ! The charger is not working properly !

Do you know if I can change the watch for another model ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It only take a simple move and then, bye bye ! The charger is not working properly !

What I do is connect the magnetic charger, confirm the battery indicator is animated indicating it is charging. I then place the Ionic on it's side. By this time the screen has timed out.

I then hold the Ionic firmly in place and double tap the screen to check it is still charging. I do this without moving the Ionic so I can be confident it will continue charging.  Not perfect, but it's NOT a captive charger other than by a little bit of magnetism. So you need to check a little more than with most devices.

If as reported in other threads, one of the charging pins on the Ionic is damaged or pushed into the body of the Ionic, then this can be an issue. Not related to this thread though.

We need to work around the imperfect design. Nothing else we can do. Some lower current chargers also bring up a "not charging" or similar message on the screen. I've found the Ionic still charges. I check the battery indicator is still animating. If not try a different charging source.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks PaulMe ! I’m happy to see Îm not the only one to struggle with that but in my mind, to pay around $300 box for a watch and have to manage that way to charge it every two three days it’s not fair ! They should recall all that kind of watch and suggest us another model. If there is another one with a performing plug. I will try to do so ! For now, I know there is nothing else I can do. Only wait for Ricardo suggestion...

Best Answer
0 Votes