Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync Strava to my watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to use Strava on my Ionic watch. Out of the box it comes with the Strava app installed on the watch. When I press the app it says "No recent activity   Record a run to see a list of your recorded activities here"

I've recorded plenty of runs, and bike rides as well. What is it asking me to do? Is there something else I have to set up?

I also went into the app on my phone, hit the Ionic icon, selected "Apps", and pressed the Strava app. That just brings up a description of the app and an "Uninstall" button. I went back and hit the settings gear to the right. It says this:

Authorization state: Not Authorized

Account: N/A

Strava Login

Strava

Authorize

"Strava Login" is blue, but pressing it does nothing. Nothing else can be clicked on. What am I supposed to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

On Android I need to press the word Authorize, it then sends me to the Strwva web page. 

Best Answer

As @Rich_Laue says, you need to authorise the the app to be able to read your Strava feed. Clicking on the authorise button on your phone should bring up the Strava web page where you link the two accounts (you’ll obviously need your login details). Once that’s done the app on your watch should start showing the details.

Note however the  Strava app has only a viewing function. Any activity you want recorded on Strava will need to be done separately.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner the OP is asking about viewing recent Strava activity. so yes they seem to be aware that yes the app is for viewing. 

As for adding activities to Strava. One can link their Strava account to Fitbit then when the GPS is used your Fitbit event will be transferred to Strava .

Best Answer

To be a pedant @Rich_Laue the OP said he wants to use the Strava app, not specifically view. But I’ll defer for the sake of brevity. 🙂

Best Answer