Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time due to syncing difficulties

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been experiencing a time issue as well as a synchronization problem for a week now. My Ionic stops keeping correct time and begins losing minutes the time I leave for work each day. It won’t stay synced with my phone and occasionally will just have the Fitbit symbol on the screen as if I had just did a reset. I don’t know if it’s the Texas heat or what the issue is, but I need a dependable time piece.

is there a correction to this problem? Thanks for your help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Thund3rbolt, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before to posting. Let me share with you that our Fitbit devices use your mobile device information to display the time with the syncing process, therefore, by simply syncing your Ionic it should display the correct time. That said, to resolve the syncing difficulties you're experiencing, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.

I'll be here if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your assistance. I have tried this already but to your suggestion, I tried it again.
Once I disconnect the Ionic from the power cord that charges it, that’s the moment the disconnect begins. Within 10min, the clock is off by 1 min and by lunchtime it is off by 45 minutes.
This all began around July 5th or 6th.
It is useless as a timepiece if it won’t keep proper time.
It won’t seem to stay synced to my phone throughout the day and I don’t have time to stop and troubleshoot the problem with my fast paced job.
Thanks for your support.
Darryl

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

You're welcome @Thund3rbolt, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate the details that were shared with me and for troubleshooting your Ionic with the steps that were shared in my previous post. Seems odd that this is occurring when you disconnect the device from the charging cable. To try more steps, please check our help article: How do I change the time on my Fitbit device? and let me know if the time keeps 

I'll be here if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Ionic since December 24, 2019 and worked great till last month. It started with not wanting to turn on which I was able to get it turned on after using the troubleshooting articles but then it wouldn't sync with my phone anymore and the time is incorrect. I have tried everything to get it to sync from restarting it, changing the time face, deleating the app and redownloading, even did a factory reset and started over but it wont sync or keep time. I am also frustrated with trying to get it to work and tired of messing with it. How can I get a Return Authorization number and send my Fitbit in for repair or replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic started having problems yesterday. I noticed the time was off so I tried to sync it with my phone and it said it could not find me device. I did all the steps to sync the two. I spent over 2 hours trying to sync them up. I deleted my Ionic from my phone and added it back. It took over an hour and would not sync up. I then tried to sync it to my Ipad. It took over an hour for my Ionic to sync to my Ipad but I was able to get it to work. I then spent another hour getting it to sync with my phone. I had to shut down my Ionic multiple times and it had 100% charge. When I shutdown my Ionic it will not start using the start button. I have to do the reset start by holding both buttons for 10 seconds to get it to start.  I thought I had it fixed yesterday but today the time is off again.  I can not get the Ionic to sync with either my phone or Ipad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke on chat with support.. after all steps: Ionic is after warranty - buy new... we well get you 25% discount

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having Ionic time problems, syncing doesn't correct the issue. Time discrepancy ranges from 4 minutes to 24 minutes. Has anyone experiencing this issue been successful in getting the error in time syncing on your Ionic and your phone resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! I tried the various trouble shooting suggestions, none were successful The time on the my Ionic is 4 minutes behind the time on my Android. It has been as high as a 20 minute discrepancy.. I need an accurate watch. Have any of you resolved this timing/syncing issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is now happening to me, started yesterday, the time is now off by an hour, I cannot connect or sync the device, I have uninstalled the app, removed the Ionic, done everything....I am now sick and tired of this piece of crap I got this device in January and it should not be having any issues, I need an RMA for this piece of crap.

Best Answer

Hello,

Fitbit help department: no chance - buy new... 😞 

Moderator Edit: Content - Promoting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had no success with the numerous Fitbits purchased (3) over the past several years. I do not intend to purchase/repace another one. I'm currently researching dependability of other such devices. Four minutes time discrepancy is now at 20 minutes. I remember several years ago i wore a wtach & step counter. I don't plan to revisit those days!

Best Answer
0 Votes