Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will a new Ionic watch be available?

Is it planned for this year?

Don't know how long my current ionic will hold up. Just had to replace the strap which is already really hard to come by.

Anxiously awaiting the new version...

Cheers Nick

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry @IoNick_H  but Fitbit does not release news of when/if future devices will be released. And as another Fitbit user - albeit a nosey one who tracks rumors - I have not heard any rumors of a New Ionic. 

Best Answer
That's what I was afraid of.
It's sad because I don't like any of the other watches.
Hope they will release a new one.

Thx for your answer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There was rumours starting 3 years ago, but they either were never gonna release one or they scrapped the idea in favor of the other variants (Sense/Versa)

Either way i personally am moving away from Fitbit again. Dumped my Polar M600 back in 2019ish to go with new Fitbit Ionic model and it performed well enough until the warranty was up then, the heart rate reliability is at best random and guaranteed if you aren't doing something with fairly static arms and turn on exercise the heart rate will drop in and out constantly yet does not if you don't specifically "start an exercise" on the watch.

Even so the heart rate registers alot lower on average then some other HR bands.

Also the band clip is constantly falling out.

It does have alot cheaper then it's Polar/Garmin counterparts tho so there is that.

Good luck 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes