Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Battery draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my ionic has suddenly started losing charge, it usually lasts approx 5 days. However in the last 48hrs it has lost charge very quickly, despite being charged to 100% on 2 occasions. It is just under 12months old. I use the basic clock face and have not changed any settings to justify this change to battery drainage. Can you please advise? Thanks Zoe 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Same thing with my ionic. I did a factory reset yesterday, charged it fully, have not had physical activity and I'm below 60% in under 24 hours.

Best Answer

@ZoeGrant @MaxTraub Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. Please follow these tips to extend your Fitbit Ionic's battery life

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That doesn't help.  

Thank you though.  I guess the battery has a 1 year life span.  Is it possible to replace the battery?

Best Answer

Apologies but this is not helpful. There is a problem with the ionic, not the settimg I have. As explained, the manner in which I use the watch has not changed, it therefore not acceptable to disregard the problem. Can you send link to complaints please? Thank you. 

Best Answer

Is it possible to replace the battery?

Not officially. No screws on the back - plus the battery is wired into the electronics.

You're welcome to have a go yourself - search for information/videos etc.

There are places you can send to for battery replacement, but I can't imagine this is cost effective, given that there is no guarantee the Ionic won't develop another issue.

Best Answer

Apologies but this is not helpful... It is just under 12months old.

Best course of action is to contact support quick smart before your warranty expires.Other that that you can try a factory reset, and setup the device as if it were a new ionic. Support may ask you to do this. But wait for their advice as you don't want any other "issues" to appear. Once your device is past 12 months your options basically disappear, other than what the archived posts on this forum suggest.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats really helpful. Thanks for this, I'll factory reset and then take it from there. Much appreciated 👍. Zoe

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset hasn't worked 🙄😪😪

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ZoeGrant Thank you for getting back. 

I took the liberty to share your post with our Support team and they mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to assist. 

Happy holidays! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just posted this exact same experience.  Very disappointing as when it works I'm so happy with it.  Moved on from a Blaze to this second Ionic.  But like you my battery life deteriorated in less than a few days from 4-5 day life to less than 1 day now.  It's 8 months old, simple clock face, no notifications, not always on ... not great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Mine Started on the same date you mentioned exactly. Mine is only a few months old as it was replaced under warranty in Aug due to a GPS problem.

Sounds like a lot of people are having the same problem all at the same time. Wonder if there was a software update that is causing it. I have tried multiple  factory resets and multiple reboots that have no affect.

Best Answer

I had a similar issue and when queried it with Fitbit a few months ago was told it was normal battery life (in effect they seemed to be telling me that the battery life would be fine just as long as didn't use it!!).  I don't use any of the extras on it, just basic steps, heart rate, sleep etc and in the last week has dropped to 24hours before battery dies.  Battery ran down yesterday and I now can not get it to work at all.  Have tried various resets, cleaning contacts, alternative plugs but nothing happening.  Ionic is around 18 months old - surely it should last longer than that?!

Best Answer

I got in touch with customer service last night. They are sending me a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been in touch with customer service on twitter and they have
arranged a replacement for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine recently started doing the same thing! It appears to be related to syncing for me. There used to be an option to turn off all day syncing, which the new update seems to have done away with. It’s syncing and running all day and all night and killing my battery. I don’t want a replacement, they should know why this is happening to all of us!!

Best Answer

I’ve had an email (after contacting Fitbit on chat) asking me to post my Fitbit to America (I’m in the UK) to get a replacement, that what they told u??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not yet contacted support. This has happened several times after software updates and they always fix it eventually. I’m waiting for someone to figure out that it’s a known issue and push out another update!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had an email (after contacting Fitbit on chat) asking me to post my Fitbit to America (I’m in the UK) to get a replacement, that what they told u??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope they are just sending me a replacement one. They may not realise you are in the UK. They may think your in the USA different rules for the two countries

Best Answer
0 Votes