Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Battery draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my ionic has suddenly started losing charge, it usually lasts approx 5 days. However in the last 48hrs it has lost charge very quickly, despite being charged to 100% on 2 occasions. It is just under 12months old. I use the basic clock face and have not changed any settings to justify this change to battery drainage. Can you please advise? Thanks Zoe 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Thanks, is chat the easiest way to contact them?? Or Twitter?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used Twitter

Best Answer
0 Votes

@catherinekil @llanelwy Hi there. It's great to hear that you've contacted our Support team, please continue the communication through email they'll be happy to assist. 

@Eclecticavatar It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community. If you haven't done so please follow these tips to extend your Ionic's battery life. 

Take into consideration that if there's a new firmware update or an issue that we're aware of, a post will be made in the Ionic board. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic Power Drain issue hit JAN 16.

JAN 15 and earlier, my Ionic battery would last days, now less than 10 hours everyday.

JAN 19, I updated firmware to: 27.72.1.9 ... Still same issue.

My gut is telling me some new APP or feature got deployed.  I am removing APPs and unchecking features to see if I can divide and conquer to a root cause. 

The problem is very similar to when I tried the 02 sensor clock face months back, which I removed a few days later, because battery wouldn't make it a day.

Sure seems like a deployment as many FitBit users are reporting an abrupt change.

Good luck to all....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Hi there.

Thanks for the detailed information shared. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. I'd like you to follow these tips to extend your Fitbit device's battery life

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed all of the Ionic Apps, except for the ones I could not, which were: Today, Settings, Timers, Exercise, Clocks, Alarms, Weather.

I did keepFind-My-Phone, but just removed it and will test battery loss tomorrow.

Turned Off WIFI, Bluetooth and All Notifications and anything else I could.

Battery still used about 10% per hour.

I keep a spare Ionic, so I am going to uninstall Fitbit Android APP, re-install and pair up my fresh Ionic.

Will report back.

Best Answer

I did the following:

• Unpaired Ionic -X, Firmware: 27.72.1.9
  • Uninstalled Fitbit App on my Android S10
  • Reinstalled Fitbit App on my phone.
  • Paired up a new Ionic-Y: Firmware: 27.33.1.30
  • Everything now working fine on new setup, Ionic-Y.
  • Interesting, *** Ionic-X, now working fine with battery drain. ***

Analysis:

• Noting that Find My Phone, by Fitbit, now not available on Ionic-X, because no phone to talk to.
  • Also noting that Ionic-Y firmware doesn't support Find My Phone, it needs new firmware.
  • So, Find My Phone, definitely a suspect.
  • I guess something else could be some kind of build up of data on my Fitbit App on Android that was causing too much communication, although interesting, I had turned Ionic-X Wifi OFF and Bluetooth off on my phone and Ionic-X was still burning battery.

Suggestion:

• It would be nice to have an Fitbit could build and release a Diagnostic App that could show what processes on the watch are burning resources, CPU, Memory, Wifi, Bluetooth, that would definitely help eliminate 10s of thousands of these hypothetical board communications where everyone is make assumptions and guessing at would could be the problem

Next Steps for Me:

• I'll wait till my new Ionic-Y gets new firmware and I'll try the Find My Phone App and report back.

Good Luck To All....

Best Answer

Same here, the Chargé went from 5-6 days to half with no change in parametering or Apps. I believe it is an issue that came after I made a software update recommended by fitbit. It sounds like programmed obsolescence and it is just unacceptable. Personally the duration of the battery was in my top 3 reason to buy ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just posted the same thing, it's happened in the last week.  I too went from 5 days battery life to less than 24 hours.  I tried to Reset (not factory) and it didn't help. I tried to shut it off and discovered that the SETTINGS / ABOUT is also not working. I'm thinking something got corrupted in the OS, which is not draining the battery.  I'm trying to find a way to do a OS Updated

Best Answer
0 Votes