Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Charger Very Touchy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The charger for my Ionic has been very touchy lately, to where I will leave it to charge, and come back to a watch that has not been charging. I've tried setting it at all different angles, and it's almost as if I need to hold it to get it to charge. This is the second Ionic in a year to have charger/battery issues. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you fix it? 

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Mike9999 Welcome to the Community. Have a look at this help article  it could just be the charging contacts on your Ionic are dirty and need a clean.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are not alone on this, I usually spend 10 to 15 mins fiddling with the charger lead to get it to connect properly. The whole magnetic alignment thing is a total piece of crap! Sometimes I have to jury-rig things to keep pressure on the connection. I have tried cleaning the contacts both on the lead and the Iconic itself with no improvement. I hope to hell they don't go with thus sort of connection for the next model!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

John,

I went through the same process, and was told that I didn’t have either the port, or the charger clean. I gave up all hope and purchased an Apple Watch. I have very happy with this. It does everything the ionic does and more! And the best part, there is never any issues with the Apple Watch charging at night! 

Best Answer
0 Votes