Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Dead 2 Months After Warranty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well 2 months past the warranty my Ionic up a died. Took it off the charger this morning st 100% and 2 hours later there in nothing on the screen. Holding the button does nothing and trying to do a hard reset does nothing. 

Customer service offered me 25% off my next purchase but why would I purchase another Fitbit when I payed $299 for one that lasted 14 months. 

Time me to find another fitness band. I’m done with Fitbit.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Please clean the contacts

Then Do a Restart

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok I’m not sure you read my post, I took it off the charger at 100% 2 hours
before it died. Charging is not the issue. And every Fitbit owner
everywhere in the world knows the reset button combination, it’s a
necessity if you want to own a Fitbit. As for the cleaning of the contacts
I use Cetaphil every few days, like I said charging is not the issue.
Best Answer

This exact same thing has has just happened to me. Bought mine at the end of January 2018, Today I took it off charge at 100% and now it’s dead, won’t charge, won’t hard reset. 

I kind of just laughed because of how **ahem** my fitbit experience has been. So there is no point in me contacting customer services do you think?

Best Answer
They were nice enough but all they will offer is a 25% discount if you
purchase another new Fitbit. I took their discount and downgraded to a
Fitbit charge three figuring why spend a ton of money when all I really
need is a basic tracker. The charge three dollars heart rate does sleeping
does automated exercise tracking And with the discount only cost me 112
bucks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know if I could bring myself to giving them more money. A £239 device should last longer than a year. 

Best Answer
You are so correct!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same thing happened to mine. Same time frame, offering and dead end. May have to find another wearable.

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen to me.  I purchased my Ionic Feb 10, 2018.  I have never had any issues with the watch at all.  I was actually very pleased until this morning (06.04.19).  I put my watch to charge the evening of 06.03.19 (it was at 75%).  Put the watch (which was at 100%) back on right before I went to bed (because I track my sleep) and when I got up this morning it was completely dead.  Called customer service (6/4/19) and all they want to offer is 25% off a new purchase; stating I had a one year warranty.  She stated that they don't have a facility where the watch can be shipped and though she would like to send me another watch; i am out of my warranty.  This is UNACCEPTABLE.  I find it hard to believe that we ALL have had the SAME EXACT ISSUE.  It is not the us it is the device.  This company should take responsibility and research the battery that was installed in these devices during this time.  The customer should not be held accountable for a defective battery.  Why would i want to purchase another device?  So this can happen again?   25% is not an acceptable solve; not when i paid $270 for my watch.  

Best Answer

You’re the lucky one..mine completely died in same fashion as yours..3 months after purchase..need to find that warranty

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fyi. I filed a claim with the BBB. A representative reached out to me and sent me another one

Lori
Best Answer
0 Votes