Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic FitBit Coach

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I know there a lot of speculation, but I want to know for sure is FitBit Ionic, going to have the ability to upload Fitbit Coach programs to the watch? I ask this cause right now I have the ionic, and it has 3 static programs, 7 minutes, treasure chest.

But I did notice that on the FitBit Ionic Webpage under Coaching it specifies

Dynamic Personal Coaching Work out in a whole new way

Designed to give you more guidance than ever, Ionic serves up personalized workouts that play on screen and guide you through every move.

Does this mean that the coaching is the only 3 listed coaching programs on the IONIC?  When Fitstar was around they had the link up between that and the Apple Watch but then got pulled.

Would this function be brought to the ionic down the track? I like to be able to load up fitbit Coach, select the program and say SEND TO WATCH  Then load up coach on my watch and then do the workouts. This is the way technology should be done. Other wise, its just another glorified Blaze, that had the promise to that before but nothings been done for 3 years.

You have the awesome ability to go even further, but if this is fitbits plans to remain static and not show any sign of road mapping, or clarification then you guys may not be around in the next 5 years. 

I hope I'm wrong but I feel that would be the case.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Coach App

The newly re-branded Fitbit Coach app incorporates Fitstar’s proven dynamic workout content that adapts as you progress, and uses your Fitbit data to recommend video and new audio workouts based on your fitness level and goals. Check out these five standout features:

Audio Coaching: Listen to 40+ expert-designed running and walking workouts with audio cues designed to help you safely improve your endurance, speed, and form. Choose from outdoor or treadmill sessions and select the difficulty, duration, trainer and music, plus have your workout automatically recorded in the Fitbit app. Audio Coaching will be available through the Fitbit Coach app in October and will be available on Fitbit Ionic in early 2018 using Bluetooth headphones such as Fitbit Flyer. New Audio Coaching sessions, such as spinning and elliptical, will also be added in 2018.

When? Define early, we are nearly a qtr of the year in

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't have much hope that Fitbit can meet a given date. In another thread we are discussing the delay on providing GAME GOLF application that was promised during fall 2017 and now they are saying within 2018.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess they really want to follow suit and be with the likes of Jawbone, Nokia (Withings) Adidas, and Tom Tom Tom  got out of the health industry completely.

This is why you NEVER see Suunto, Polar, Garmin close their doors. You get what you pay for, the job the watch is supposed to do.

Step up FITBIT!

Best Answer