Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic GPS track right, distance is wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had 2 trips on Pittsburgh river paddling, GPS all tracks accurate route. However, in my second trip, the distance is way off. 

I was not able to edit the first trip (accurate one), but I was able to edit the mileage of the second trip (inaccurate one) 

Question: Why GPS route is correct, but not the distance? Inaccurate DistanceInaccurate DistanceAccurate DistanceAccurate Distance

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

I really wish fitbit would fix this so it uses the GPS. I've been doing the same run, and the faster I run the shorter the distance is reported, and so my average pace even though I am running faster does not show improvement. Is it too much to ask for the fitbit with GPS, which my wife said I didn't need to spend the extra money, actually be used for my running and so I don't have to use a spreadsheet to track my runs!?!?!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as well. I don't know how to fix that. I hope Fitbit will fix that issue soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read that the ionic stops tracking distance when it thinks you are not exercising enough, like cross country skiing on the way back down. Mine certainly reads much lower when I coast back downhill.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @gnwwood. but the ionic isn't that smart. https:/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre

Regarding GPS signal

My wife and I use IONIC Fitbit, but these last two days my GPS can not connected when I start click run exercise, if you said trees, building or cloud, but in fact my wife ionic can connected

I already try to shutdown, but still can not connected

I already try to reset by push the three switch together for 10 second, but still can not connected  

How can I fixed it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed tonight after my exercise, that it looked shorter than normal.

So to investigate I exported the tcx file and analysed it as below, and you can see it is out. The actual distance in the exported tcx file is 3.8km but the Fitbit exercise was showing 2.76km

I can't say I've noticed this before, so any ideas how I can resolve this?

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, it's good to see you all. @Rich_Laue thanks for your help.

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes