Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Heart Rate Monitor Not Turning On

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a fitbit Ionic and have been having troubles with the heart rate monitor. When I first purchased the unit and set it up, the heart rate monitor would not turn on. I tried going into the settings and turning the heart rate option on and off but that did not work.

I did get it to work for about 24 hours when I turned the heart rate option to off, turned the unit off and on again and then turned the heart rate option to on. It eventually did stop working again and will not come on again. I've tried a factory reset and anything that I can think of but nothing will work.

Anyone with the same problem or any potential fixes??

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It's your Ionic updated to the latest firmware? If  it already has the latest firmware and has this problem, then use your warranty, you obviously have a defective device. 

Best Answer

Mine worked fine until I updated the firmware.  Now the heartrate monitor sensors don't turn on.  Fitbit won't replace the device until it gets the next update either...which is NOT available yet...so I'm stuck with a useless nothing on my wrist.  

I won't buy another FitBit product after this.  This Ionic is only from December and now it doesn't work.  Worked fine until I updated the firmware.

Best Answer