Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't sync with Huawei Mate 10 lite

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Fitbit Ionic yesterday and I'm having trouble syncing it to my Huawei Mate 10 lite. I've tried everything from turning off and on my Bluetooth to removing the device and hard resetting it and it still doesn't work. What should I do?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

This may not be possible to fix. Fitbit say:

"Due to Bluetooth issues that prevent Huawei Lite models, including P8 and P9 Lite, from syncing with some devices, like Fitbit devices, our products are not compatible with these mobile phones."

taken from: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=p8

Do you have access to another device e.g. laptop, that you could use?

Best Answer
0 Votes

But the weird thing is that sometimes it does sync but only once a day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @zke01, hope you're doing great! My friend @SteveH is right about this and so are you. 

The reason why your tracker is not syncing/pairing with the Huawei Mate 10 Lite is due to this device is not compatible with the Fitbit app

This means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when they will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), that would be an explanation why you could be able to setup and sync your Ionic with the Mate 10 Lite. Therefore, you can try the tips on the following help article: Synchronization troubleshoot or set up troubleshoot.

Note that we don't guarantee that the synchronization would be will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.  

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. 

My sister owns a phone which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well):

1. Your phone must not be set to "visibile for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisible, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, Bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the Bluetooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

If you're able to connect your phone to your tracker but you keep having syncing issues, keep in mind that this will be due to the incompatibility of the phone. What means that the functionalities have a chance to work if you try some troubleshooting steps, I'd suggest following these steps:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth, WiFi or mobile data and phone.
  3. Once the previous steps are done, restart your Fitbit once again.
  4. Turn the phone, Bluetooth and Internet connection back on and try to sync again.

If the previous steps does not work, you can also try the syncing process with a different mobile device or use the computer by downloading the Fitbit Connect software as I've suggested before. 

Hope this helps, we'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes