Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Not Receiving Notifications from Samsung Galaxy S8+ After Updates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Running Android 8.0.0 and FitBit firmware version 27.32.4.19 both updated today as well as an update to my Ionic too.  I cannot get my Ionic to consistently receive alerts from my phone.  I have unpaired and repaired Ionic Classic (I like to control my music on my fitbit when I run) and it keeps pairing with Ionic (non classic).  After my Fitbit was updated now I cannot find where to get control of my music back on my Ionic (it took me the most ridiculous amount of time to get it set up the first time so I am totally bummed that I am back to this).  I am sure its a combination of unpairing, restarting and readding stuff but I have no idea how to do it and I have gotten good information off of users on this board previous so I'm hoping that someone can help with this now.  Thank you in advance!

Flex, Alta, Blaze, Ionic, Versa, Versa 2, Sense
Samsung Note 10+
Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I hope this link helps. https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_ionic_en_US.pdf

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here,  also paired with a Samsung Galaxy S8+. I receive some notifications from email app,  but not from Messenger or Whatsapp. Another problem is that when I receive a call I can't answer from Ionic because I see only that I have an incoming call, but not icons with answer or reject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CristianIonitawrote:

Same problem here,  also paired with a Samsung Galaxy S8+. I receive some notifications from email app,  but not from Messenger or Whatsapp. Another problem is that when I receive a call I can't answer from Ionic because I see only that I have an incoming call, but not icons with answer or reject.

Ok so I may be able to answer part of this:

1.) Notifications: If you go into the Ionic settings on the Fitbit app, as I assume you did so that you could get your notifications on your watch, you will have the ability there to set up notifications for anything else you want to receive from your phone.  Please make sure that these are enabled.

1.) Calls: The Ionic (and from what I've read, the Versa as well) do not currently have the ability to answer calls on the watch (though why is beyond me).  You could however, get a pair of Bluetooth headphones (I currently have the Flyer and the Polaroid set) to answer your calls.  I use my watch kind of like a Caller ID in noisy places because sometimes I can't hear my phone, nor can I feel the vibration (especially when I have the phone in a coat pocket or purse).  At least with the Ionic, I can feel the vibrations when I receive a message.  Then I can use the headphones to answer it.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@AndiV Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for updating Ionic to its latest version. 

The update changed the Fitbit watch interface. This means that the location of some features are now different. 

To get access to music controls you need to press and hold the back button (the button on the left side of the watch). You will see music controls there as well as payments and shortcut screens. Please check this post to learn more about what's changed in the latest updates and more details about the interface.

You can also download Deezer now as a different option to listen to music. For more details, click here.

Regarding notifications, you might like to troubleshoot them. Please follow the steps on this helpful article to do this.

@CristianIonita It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting your experience with notifications. Please check the helpful post above from @DramaQueenDiva for answers regarding this. 

Also, please check the helpful article about troubleshooting notifications that I left above for more details if you happen to keep experiencing the same. 

@supersmart01234 Thanks for sharing the link to the Ionic Manual! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

1. I already checked on Fitbit app, I checked also on the watch,  all the notifications are on, but no luck yet;

2. In the user manual, I saw that when I receive a call I have the option to reject a call or answer on the phone. I know that I can't answer and talk using Ionic. The problem is that I can't see in the right down corner the green icon where I can answer and talk on the phone or the red one on the right up corner where I can reject the call. I just see that I have an incoming call.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe this is an option just when it paired with an Iphone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean that in the manual says that you can reject or answer a call when paired with an Iphone....on Android no ?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CristianIonita Thanks for your reply and for checking the notifications and the Ionic Manual.

As notifications are still not working properly; I'd recommend checking the troubleshooting steps on this helpful article. This should help out.

Also, the feature to answer or reject calls is only available for iOS devices. Android doesn't have this option yet!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@SantiR - I’ve had this issue for a few weeks now (Ionic notifications from an iPhone 6) and I thought I followed all the reset / disconnect options.  

The link you provided highlighted that I needed to hold the left button on my Ionic and turn notifications on from there.   All sorted now 👍

Thank you ☺️ 

Best Answer

@Sazler74 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for providing that information regarding Ionic and notifications using an iPhone 6.

Also, thanks for sharing the specific part of the workaround that helped you out. I'm glad to see that the article on the link helped you out and that you are back on track now. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes