Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

So there's a new firmware update.  Huge problem.  It's rendered my Ionic useless.  My cell phone no longer syncs.  I've tried everything.  I reset my Ionic back to factory settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and have tried (multiple times) to get through the set-up process only to be stopped getting through the firmware update.  Now in my 5th hour of this completely ridiculous "update".  Has anyone else gone through this?  If so...what on Earth did you do to get through this and be up and running again?

Best Answer

At last...pay dirt.  Here are the steps I took:

I)

A:  Cell phone:  

a) unpair your Ionic from your cell phone/laptop/device.

b) uninstall fitbit app.

c) install any cell phone operating system "upgrades"

B: Ionic

a) reset to factory settings by tapping the settings button and following the prompts

II)

A: Cell phone:

a) reinstall fitbit app

b) follow the procedure for setting up a new device (this may take upwards of 2 hours, mine did)

What took so long?  The new firmware download & installation.  I would get 1/2 way through it and get some error msg (bluetooth issue or operating system issue).  This is why I had to do this whole process 3 times before I got through it successfully.  I also blame Vodafone.  I am down to 4 apps on my phone and no pictures.  Their operating system "upgrade" was 1.5G....seriously.  I'm off to the Vodafone store to yell about this (again...because it's a routine issue).  Sorry for the rant...

This should restore your Ionic/cell phone pairing and syncing issues.  

Best Answer

Yes, I was able to pair the devices but Pandora and music would not sync.  I have uninstalled app and turned Bluetooth off and on, as well as WIFI.  I will try this in this order and see what happens but I have disconnected devices at least 3 times.  I'm at work now using work WIFI and hopefully that helps. 

Best Answer

While following the process above, my ionic shows a big red x with the message data not cleared, sync again.  

Best Answer

YES!!!!! Im getting really pissed off!

Best Answer

Holding the back button used to be for Fitbit pay--how do we do that now?

?
Best Answer

To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button

Best Answer

@Butterflywings I can totally read Smiley Tongue whoops

?
Best Answer

The NEW Firmware for the Ionic, version #27.32.4.19, seems to have also changed the resetting process.  See my "Resetting Your Ionic" (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Resetting-Your-Ionic/td-p/2232205) posting for the update!

Thanks Fitbit, love the new changes!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

If this includes a fitbit branded version of the adidas train app I'll be very happy. 

I'm still disappointed that is early adopters have been denied that. (The band and face are far less important). 

It it seems pretty much every aspect of operating the watch will change, but it wasn't hard to learn before so should be fun. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

good to see firmware updates!!! 🙂 maybe this is why my mood log clock is not working correctly, but i dont believe i have it... i have 27.31.1.29 ... maybe it will fix my mood log clock when i get it then 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No Adidas App, which I kinda already knew was going to be the case.  I preordered the Adidas version as soon as it was released, since I was awaiting its release.  I bought my Ionic as a preorder, and I knew the Adidas version would  be a separate deal way back than (September 2017).  I don't have a problem with the way they are conducting business, as it is a business.

Happy STEPPING folks!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer

With the new update are you able to reply to texts now?

Best Answer

From my initial observations, I would say NO change!  You can touch the message and it will open it up for reading, but that was already happening with the prior firmware version.

Hope this helped, Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

The Ionic is my first smartwatch, but it seems it would be easier to reply to a text using your phone, because there is no Mic on the Ionic for voice-to-text (which can be a hassle sometimes when there is mistakes even on the phone voice-to-text conversion).

However, it would be nice if we could make 1 click replies under our fitbit app for ionic, such as "I am busy, can i call you back later", or "yes" or "no" and any custom replies.  which could even happen for receiving calls such as it does for phones.

Best Answer

I've just updated there and I've access to the Deezer app. It asks to enter a code into www.fitbit.com/deezer to authorize it. I've tried a couple of times but am getting an error message saying "This user is not authorized--please log into a deezer-enabled account" 

Am i doing something wrong or is Deezer not up and running yet?

Best Answer

@GerSwrote:

I've just updated there and I've access to the Deezer app. It asks to enter a code into www.fitbit.com/deezer to authorize it. I've tried a couple of times but am getting an error message saying "This user is not authorized--please log into a deezer-enabled account" 

Am i doing something wrong or is Deezer not up and running yet?

So, when you access the Deezer App on your Ionic, it will present you with an Activation Code.  Than log into the Internet and go to fitbit.com/deezer (https://www.fitbit.com/deezer), you should also see this address on your screen on your Ionic as well.  When you go to the web address, you will be presented with a field to input YOUR Activation Code.  After you input the one from your Ionic, just follow the screen prompts and you should be setup!

Hope this helped and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I got sorted....Thank you. 

Best Answer

Can't wait, I hear it's much smoother/faster on Versa, is that true for the Ionic too?

At the risk of sounding greedy... Any word on the Oxygen sensor getting activated? Spotify?

thanks, keep up the great work!

Best Answer