Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Thanks for the return.

However there is no 2-link icon on the dashboard. Does the unpair/re-pair process is different on iphone?

Sent from my iPhone

In the device page, do you see a pair function? Look around in the app.

(Edit: I just remembered that in IOS, I had to go to IOS Setting to unpair the Ionic, then Fitbit will pair the Ionic again.)

I stopped testing on my iPad Pro because OS2 is not stable. Don't wanna mess with my Ionic.

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Since the latest update the fit bit app is draining my iPhone battery even though all day sync and notifications are off...not impressed at all. I am considering unlinstalling the app!

When I switch off All say sync, battery became much worse! Try switching them on.

If I remember correctly, also try to unpair in your phone settings and let the Fitbit App pair your Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have the OPTION to update, DONT DO IT! My watch has been useless since. I have been trying every little fix that people have posted on here, the last one I tried made my watch work for about 6 hours at most, then useless again. Not a single problem with it before I updated it

Best Answer

I wish I could have opted NOT to update, I thought it would be good... my watch has been completely useless since the update

Best Answer
After the 2.0 update/virus the only way I've found to get any use what so ever is doing a factory reset then uninstall the fitbit app and unpair the iconic. This doesn't allow me to use the apps, notifications or sync. But it keeps the iconic from rebooting when it trys to sync, which allows me to track my workouts without it rebooting in the middle of my workout. Now the workouts and steps are lost everyday but seening as how it wouldn't sync anyway. Also figured out the reason the Time on the iconic will start running behind is the time it takes to reboot during a failed sync is lost.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
FITBIT, when can we expect a repair for all the issues the upgrade has caused?!?!?! I almost understood having SOME issues that you didn’t foresee that you needed to correct but this is getting ridiculous! I want my $300 worth out of my FITBIT!!! I have invested $300 in my Ionic PLUS another $80 in extra bands only to have this crappy update disappoint me with your products and your service!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just thought I would post this.

I finally had mine replaced under warranty for all kinds of issues, mainly:

-Loud unwanted buzzing/rattle sound when vibrating

-Bluetooth music cutting out

-Calibration error messages

-Terrible battery life

The replacement fixed all the issues.

The build quality is better, i'm starting to think the early adopters ended up with the prototype units.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just upgraded the firmware for fitbit ionic. However this new update must turn on phone ringer in order for notification to be sent to tracker. 

I think this totally defeat the purpose of having a smart watch so we only receive vibration on tracker to know there is incoming notification instead of depending on phone vibration or ringer.

Can we resume back the previous function?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a hard restart and my Ionic is purring away.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I see the banner on the Fitbit website "We have resolved the issues affecting Versa and Ionic, including syncing, setup, firmware updates, music, Weather, and App Gallery functionality. Thanks for your patience while we resolved these issues!". And what is the version number of the fixed version of the firmware? If I click on the upgrade, will I get the old or the new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully they release it soon. This has been horrible. I can’t believe that they released the last update with all of these problems. It’s like they didn’t even test it before they released it. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I come on the forum frustrated because have not been able to download new Firmware update...to read and find out that's a good thing from what I have read. So I'm guessing it's best to leave alone and not update yet till they fix the issues...as of now mines working fine. 

Best Answer
I have not done the update and nothing on here has changed my mind to even try the update! Stay right where you are. Some have a useless piece of jewelry after this update.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
They have the banner up saying that they addressed the issue, I also notice that the last app update that my phone did referenced fixes for notifications. I’m still having issues. It hasn’t improved anything.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an outage that caused normal Ionics to not be able to sync at all a few days ago.

I tried Window 10 Mobile, Win10 and Android. All failed until the backend server issue was resolved.

Apparently, it was a server issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I would like to see this banner. I can't find it on fitbit.com. Could you PLEASE send me a link. Thanks.

Best Answer

So when  can we expect the update to push out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has already been pushed out and didn’t fix the issue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not upgrade (couldn't, wouldn't work).  I thought I was doing OK.  I only sync with my phone every day or so.  Tried to sync this morning and see that is has not synced since Wednesday evening.  My attempts today sometimes I get an error message that the fitbit site is down. Most of the time the error message flashes on the screen too quickly to read.

In the list of compatible Moto devices, the most recent one appears to be a 2014 version.  

They may take this down, but any suggestions on a tracker that works?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! 

I am excited to announce that we have started to roll out Fitbit OS2.1 (v 32.10.15) to Ionic users. 

To help keep the community tidy, I will be closing down this thread.

If you are still experiencing any issues with your Ionic, I recommend starting a new topic on the community and I will happy to assist you there.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer